Chapter 6

The next few days with the Denali's were great, they were all such lovely people. Well, except Tanya. I know it's a bit harsh but she won't stop staring at Edward or glaring at me and it's annoying.

The last straw came when I caught her trying to kiss Edward. No-one, and I mean no-one tries to make a move on my man and gets away with it.

There was only so much I could do, she was a vampire after all so I remained calm and gave her an ultimatum.

I told her to she stop glaring at me and never touch Edward again or else leave immediately.

She said she'd behave but I wasn't too inclined to believe her. I asked Edward to keep it a secret, she was still family to the Cullen's and I didn't want to be the rift between them. I had a feeling Alice knew, she knew everything.

Later that week Charlie announced that his brother, my uncle would be visiting in a couple weeks. He was bringing his daughter Cara as well, as far as I remember she was about the same age as me. I don't remember her mom, I just knew she died when Cara was little.

That week at school they announced the date for Spring Fling. How cliche.

I wasn't too pushed on going but Edward had bought two tickets before I could argue.

Alice then wanted to go shopping so I gave in. We went the following Saturday and I managed to find a pretty dress. Unfortunately Alice didn't, which means another day of shopping. Yay.

I shouldn't complain, I'm lucky to have someone like her in my life.

One day over dinner, Dad and I were talking of were Uncle Jeff and Cara would sleep.

"Well Uncle Jeff can stay in the spare room and Cara can sleep in yours", Dad

suggested.

"I only have one bed", I pointed out.

He grunted slightly, so I continued.

"I could always stay with the Cullen's while they're here. They have loads of space"

"I don't think so", He said raising his eyebrows.

"Dad, I would be in a seperate room to Edward if that's what your worried about", I smiled slightly, flattered by his concern.

"What if I get another bed for your room?"

"Would it fit?"

"Sure it would"

"I don't know, but don't go buying a new bed just yet. I'll ask Edward do they have one, I think he mentioned something about having spare beds in storage before". I said vaguely.

After dinner I went straight to my room to wait for Edward to arrive. I finished off some homework just as I heard a familiar knocking on my window. I threw my books on my desk and let Edward in, greeting him with a kiss.

We cuddled and chatted for a while, just enjoying each other's company.

I couldn't have been happier, lying next to Edward, my head on his chest, his arm wrapped around my waist.

"Oh, I nearly forgot! My uncle Jeff and cousin Cara are visiting in a few weeks and Dad wants Cara to stay in my room, but as you can see I only have one bed so I was wondering if you had a spare bed at home?", I asked tilting my head up slightly.

"Yeah, I think there's a few in the attic. couldn't you just stay with us? It would be much easier", he suggested, running his fingers through my hair.

"I know, I had the same idea but dad wasn't having any of it", I pouted slightly.

He nodded in understanding,"He really cares, and he's only looking out for you'"