Chapter 4

I returned to school the next day, people were whispering about my brother all day. News travels fast in a small town, and gossip was like oxygen for these people. 

(outfit in external link)

I ignored them, focusing on Edward and talking about what we wanted for our wedding.

"What's your favourite flower?", I asked, not really expecting an answer.

"Roses", He said.

"Really, what colour?"

"White, there beautiful, just you like you", He smiled. 

I blushed and grinned. 

"Well, I love white roses as well, they will definitely be a part of the flower arrangements", 

"What colour scheme are you going for?", Rosalie asked. 

"I'm not sure, I like gold, or blue but I think red weddings are way too over done. What do you think, Edward?"

"I like the idea of a gold wedding. It sounds bit magical"

"Yeah. I think its a winner", I agreed. 

"You can't buy gold flowers", Jasper interjected jokingly. 

"But you can spray paint them gold with glitter!", Alice practically yelled at him. He just laughed and gave her a kiss on the cheek. 

"I like glitter", I said softly, playing with my salad.

"What are you, four?", Edward teased.

"No actually, I just like glitter. Do you have a problem with that? Because if you do, then I will have no choice but to call off the wedding", I said, struggling to keep a straight face. Fear flashed in his eyes.

""I like glitter too you know", He defended.

"Your a man,... your not meant to like glitter", I stated.

"Bella, that's very sexist", Emmet gasped.

I raised an eyebrow at him. "So you like glitter too?"

"Not particularly, no", He said, puffing out his chest slightly. I couldn't contain my laughter any more. I actually had a stitch from laughing so hard. 

Our fun was cut short when the bell rang for the next class. Alice made me promise to call over in the evening before skipping off down the hall with Jasper at her side. They joined hands, and looked at each other. t was like there was a certain magical connection between the two, something that drew them to each other and made you look at them as though they were one person, not two. The halves of a whole. It was the same for Esme and Carlisle, and Rosalie and Emmet. I presume it's the same for Edward and I, but I can't be sure. I wasn't a vampire like the others. It often made me wonder if our bond was weaker because of it. I mean, I could never see Jasper or Emmet leaving their mates, yet Edward actually could leave me. I have no doubt that I love him with everything I have, and for him its the same but sometimes I think, if I was a just a vampire then our connection would be as strong as every one else's. Of course, there is a possibility that I'm wrong, but this was something that I often thought about and pondered. 

This thought lay in my mind for the rest of the day, but I decide to forget about it as I drove to the Cullen's, deciding to enjoy my time with them.  I hadn't seen Esme in a while and I only saw Carlisle recently for my appointment. 

I didn't bother to knock, this house was like a second home for me. Edward appeared at the foot of the stairs  

"Hey gorgeous", He smiled, walking forward to peck me on the lips.