Chapter 1

I think I finally crashed back to reality on Tuesday, when Edward and I returned to school. I had contemplated not wearing the ring, but I wasn't ashamed of it or anything, so I thought why not, see what happens. 

I got dressed into a blue frilly top, white skinny jeans, a black blazer and black knee high boots. I slipped on my ring and watched it sparkle in the sunlight.

I don't think I'll ever get used to the weight of it on my finger. I kept Edward's mothers ring in my jewellery box, It was over a hundred years old and very delicate so I didn't want to risk it getting damaged or broken. 

I skipped breakfast, I didn't feel like eating. Edward picked me up for school, he insisted on it. 

On the drive to school, Edward informed me with a grimace that Alice had already began planning our wedding. Oh great.

I loved Alice, but this was my wedding and I wanted to be the one to plan it. Of course I would love her help, but I'm determined to be my own wedding planner. 

I dread having to tell her though. 

I pushed all thoughts of the wedding out of mind as we pulled into school. I was getting ahead of myself, we only just got engaged!

Walking up the steps and in through the front doors of the school I waited with baited breath for someone to notice, but no-one did. I was thankful that all the speculation was put off for a little while, but I knew the peace wouldn't last.

My first few classes slipped by quickly, my ring going unseen. The suspense was killing me.

The lunch bell rang and I joined Edward who was waiting for me at the door of the classroom. We had all our classes together but this particular teacher gave us assigned seats and Edward was at the other side of the room to me.

Our hands swung in between us as we walked to the cafeteria to join the others. 

"No one has said anything", I said. 

"I know, its weird. I thought people would have noticed by now", Edward smiled. "I have to warn you though Alice may or may be planning a public announcement. She hasn't decide yet"

I pursed my lips together and sighed, "I would try and stop her but there is no point", I said looking up at him with a grimace. He laughed agreeing with me. 

I spotted Angela walking against us and I thought I should tell her myself, in case Alice does decide to tell everyone. 

"Angela", I said,as she passed us.

She looked up and smiled at me, "Hi Bella, how was your weekend away?"

"Great, thank you", I smiled and at her and Edward let go of my hand. 

"I'll let you two talk and go join the others", Edward said, kissing the side of my head.

"Aright", I replied and watched as he walked away before turning back to Angela.

She grinned at me, "I can see how much you too love each other, it's sweet", 

I blushed, "Thanks Angela. Am, I wanted to tell you something before you hear it from anywhere else"

She nodded, her eyebrows knitting slightly in confusion.

"Well, over the weekend, Edward...he... he asked me to marry him!", I exclaimed, but not loud enough for anyone else to hear.

She gasped and her eyes lit up in surprise.

"Really? Aw, that's so cute", She giggled before she turned serious, "Did you say yes?"