Chapter 9

Hey guys, I realise that with the wattpad app you can't view external links, so instead I will attach pics of outfits instead ☺️

*********

I watched as he chewed cautiously, his face remaining emotionless, making it hard for me to gauge his reaction.

"Well? How is it?", I asked eagerly.

"Honestly, it's not as bad as other food but I still find it slightly disgusting", He said wrinkling his nose a little.

I sighed in disappointment, "Well at least you tried it"

I took another bite of my dish, conscious of the fact he was grinning at me.

"You know, staring at me while I eat is a little creepy"

He laughed and I couldn't help but smile as the melodic sound filled my ears.

"Sorry Bella, but I love watching you, as creepy as it sounds. Everything you do is so graceful, it intrigues me. Most humans are much more clumsy, you almost seem like.... one of us"

I paused for a moment, my emotions conflicting one another. I was flattered at his compliment, though believe me, I can be pretty clumsy. On the other hand I didn't like how he separated me from his family, I wasn't 'one of them'.

That upset me.

"One day I will be like you", I said with a small, but confident smile. I stared him in the eye, daring him to challenge me on it.

He watched me carefully and I could feel the atmosphere change from lighthearted and romantic to tense in a matter of seconds.

"Marry me first", he stated.

I was surprised at his words, thinking he would object.

"Ok, so if I marry you, you will change me after?"

He sighed in defeat, "Yes, Bella, I promise I will"

I reached across the table and took his hand in mine, running small circles with my thumb.

"Edward, I know you think that this will condemn me, or whatever, and I'm not going to try and change your beliefs. But the way I see it, we won't have to worry about me being sick or getting into accidents, and we can be together for the rest of eternity. You can't expect me to be OK with growing old and eventually dying while you get to stay 17 forever. It just wouldn't work", I spoke gently, hoping my words will give him some comfort.

He closed his eyes and took a deep breath before opening them again and giving me a wide, genuine smile.

"You're right, it should be your decision anyway and I'm sorry for trying to force you into staying human. I'm just worried you're going to regret missing out on human experiences. But it's your choice"

Wow. I never thought I'd see the day where he finally agreed with me.

"Thank you and I understand, but I don't care what I miss out on, once I get to spend the rest of my existence with you", I said with a soft smile which he returned.

"So can we get married now?", He asked me eagerly. I smiled at his childlike enthusiasm. 

"I guess we've crossed our biggest hurdle now. There are still a few minor things we have to discuss, but we can do that later. I think... we should set a date", I grinned. 

I realized things were happening quickly again, probably too quickly for a normal couple. But Edward and I weren't a normal couple. We were anything but. This time, I felt 100% certain this was the right thing to do, rushed or not. In my opinion, it was a bit melodramatic of me to call off the whole thing, I hadn't even thought that through. But this felt right. Every relationship has its bumps, and I think Edward and I were finally starting to get over ours.