18

EGYPT

KAFELE POV

"I have summoned you all to perform your duties." Ammon said as he slowly sat on the throne that was not rightfully his.

I looked down, nodding my head, my eyebrows knitted.

"Yes, lord." The three of us guards said acknowledging Ammon's request. Calling him such an honorable name caused disgust in my mouth and in my heart. He is not my lord.

"Prepare for your travel to Libya and bring back items that would be of great use to me. You know what I like." Ammon said, eyeing the humble snake that was wrapped around his arm.

Such a selfish man. He did not care for the people, he only put himself in this position to enrich himself! My heart is so angry.... but, I needed to trust in the gods. I know my king will be back to his throne.

"Yes, my lord." I said once again. Ottah gave me a side glance and I made a short nod towards him.

"As you were..." Ammon said dismissing us.

Ottah and I returned back to our position in front of the palace. As I raised my head to look into the starry night, Ottah began to speak. "The gods have heard us, Kafele."

I breathed out deeply. "Yes, I too have acknowledged that. I believe the gods have put me in this position for a reason. It is now my duty, it is now our duty to bring our king back. I know where he dwells."

"How do you know he will be at the trading center again? Maybe you were just fortunate the last time you went."

I chuckled. "Ottah, it is our king's destiny to serve his people. He cannot escape it. I will see him, and he will come back. When the time is right, of course."

Ottah smiled and shook his head. "We shall prepare to night."

JULIA POV

JULIA POV

"Hm," Fatima said as she watched me with a grin. I couldn't help but laugh at her and my embarrassment. I knew I have been smiling the whole morning. I knew Fatima was watching me and knew why I was so happy.

"I will assume that your husband turned you into a woman last night." Fatima said, sowing the string into the dress she was helping me make. I gasped and shook my head, a smile still on my face. "Fatima." I said.

Just then Justin appeared from the hut and I watched him as he looked around. My heart started to beat with haste as I laid my eyes on my husband.