{Chapter 20: Not A Secret}

I didn't tell anyone about my new obsession.

Yes, my dancing had gone to an obsession. I went over to the field every day in my free time and danced. I asked Victoria if I could leave the speakers on the wagon in the barn, and of course she said yes.

My life started to have some normalcy. My first thing to focus on was school and working out. Then I would go to the field and put on some music. I would either work on a routine to a song, or try new moves I'd seen on YouTube. I danced a mix between ballet and pop; more like jazz.

I was proud of my dancing, I choreographed a couple of dances to some of my favourite songs. I looked on YouTube for a couple moves, but I made up most of them.

I knew I probably looked like a baby elephant trying to fly, but that's why I didn't show anyone my dancing. Whenever Jess came over we just talked or I gave her horseback-riding lessons. I spoke nothing of it, and no one suspected anything.

****

On Tuesday at school, classes went as usual. Math first in the morning, then a couple classes, lunch, English and then music.

In music our designated pianist said she found a song that would be perfect for our class to sing and the dance class to perform to. She said it would be perfect to perform at the end of the year.

The teacher allowed her to play it, and as the song began, I started tapping my feet and bobbing my head to the rhythm. It was one of the songs I had choreographed. I knew all the steps, and without realising it, I began dancing the steps subtlety in a small corner of the room.

I didn't notice that a portion of the class was watching me till Jess nudged me with her elbow and motioned with her head at the people who were watching.

I froze and bent my head in embarrassment, returning to my place next to Jess.

"Well," the teacher cleared his throat " Maybe Bianca would like to join the choreographing team."

How was there a choreographing team I didn't know about!?!

"Um, how do you sign up for that?" I asked. He looked at me with disbelief.

"Bianca, it's not a real thing. The dance teacher makes up all the dances with the help of the students. If you want to help her, I'm sure she wouldn't be opposed though."

I lowered my head in embarrassment for the second time that day. Heck, for the second time in that class. I sighed. I needed to learn how to keep my mouth shut. And my feet still.

At lunch Jess asked me what happened in music, but I just said I had gotten really into the song and brushed off her question. She shrugged it off, too thankfully.

**********

On Wednesday everything was normal, and I made sure I didn't start dancing or suddenly become gullible. All went smoothly and I went to my routine place at the field.

This time I began with a horse ride, then I lugged the wagon and speakers into the field and did my dance routine I was working on.

On my way home I got a text from Jess asking where I was. I quickly responded and said I was on my way home and she could meet me at my house.

When I pulled in the drive Jess's car was already there and I found her sitting on my bed.

"Hey," I greeted, tossing my bag on the bed.

"Hey. Where were you? Victoria's?"

I nodded. We pulled out our homework and I started on it since I had gone straight to the field after school instead of coming home. I was in the middle of writing a sentence when I felt Jess's eyes bearing holes into my head. I turned a curious gaze to her.

"Do you need something?"

"Yes, I need an explanation of why you didn't tell me about your hidden talent." She smirked. Hidden talent? Oh no! Not my dancing, no one knew about that!

"What are you talking about?" My voice  was  pathetic trying to sound innocent.

"Oh c'mon don't play innocent. I'm talking about this." She pulled up a video on her phone of me dancing to the song I was working on.

I had to admit, it looked better than I had hoped. I never videoed myself before because I was scared I would look terrible and it would ruin the magic of it. But I actually looked good. It seemed as if my feet were flying over the ground and my hair blew around in the wind, adding a touch of serenity to the picture.

"Oh, that." Was all I could say.

"Oh, that?! Oh THAT!? THAT FREAKING AMAZING TALENT I DIDN'T EVEN KNOW MY BEST FRIEND POSSESSED!?" She screamed, "My best friend has an amazing hidden talent, looks like and angel while doing it, and all she says is oh that!? You really are insane." She shook her head in disbelief then tackled me into a hug.

I sorta was taken back. Jess wasn't one for touchy-feely stuff. She rarely hugged me unless I needed it. Like at my time of the month when all I needed was some chocolate and a hug. Even then she would only reluctantly give me a side squeeze.

"You are an amazing dancer! Where did you learn that?"

"I just looked at some moves on YouTube, but for the most part just did what felt good." I said, becoming a little more proud of my dancing.

"Well, it's awesome! But why didn't you tell me?" She asked

Why didn't I tell anyone?

It was because I had found something I could do for myself and not be praised for it, but more importantly not be judged for it. I was afraid if I danced in front of anyone I would a) mess up and look like a dork or b) have looked like a dork all along and make a fool out of myself. So that's what I told Jess.

"Honey, I understand completely. It is a joy you can keep to yourself and not be judged, but still carry around the joy you get from it." She nailed it. That was exactly how I felt.

"Exactly," I answered letting out a breath.

"I won't tell anyone if you don't want me to, but I think you should. You have a real talent, and you shouldn't hide it. Kay?"

"Okay, thanks so much," I pulled her into a hug. My best friend was amazing, and I couldn't have asked for a better one.