Chapter Two

The catalogue for paint was too bright for my liking, so I decided to plaster my walls in posters. Finnick, Johanna, Brutus, Enobaria, and Gloss are now pinned up. It's a little weird undressing in front of posters, but with them being up it's not nearly as echoey. I've also ordered more blankets and pillows since it seems at night, the people who run the A/C tend to crank it up and it feels like it's nearly forty degrees in my room.

I've been "awake" for four days now and have hardly left my room. Sometimes Marvel, the boy who says he's from District One, comes and checks up on me. Usually he has some type of food for to me try, demanding its the best thing he's ever have in his entire life. He also dropped off a package, filled with clothes, that I was supposed to pick up down the hall at the shop myself. Now instead of the stiff grey pants I started off with in my dresser, I have an array of gym shorts and pants that are comfortable enough to wear to bed.

Also since my awakening, everyday at noon, a beeper goes off on my alarm clock initiating I must prick my finger and give them my blood so they can make sure there isn't anything "suspicious" going on. I'm unsure what they mean by suspicious, but regardless I comply.

Currently, I am lying on my bed messing with the tablet I had been given at the beginning. I like to read the articles people post, poems, photos; It's like a mini computer. When I come across a particular picture, I pause. The woman who was above me when I had awoken is smiling next to a tall brown-haired male in a white lab coat. Her glasses are squared shaped perfectly to her face. For a moment, I'm perplexed at the image and how much she-

"Clove?" a voice calls out behind the door leading to the hallway.

My head snaps up to focus and my sudden shock causes me to drop the tablet, "Shit." I mumble under my breath, letting out a sigh of relief when I see it's not broken. Setting the tablet on the nightstand, I open the door and look at the boy.

"Hey," Cato says, crossing his arms.

"Hi," I respond dryly.

He glances over my shoulder then focuses back on my face, "The others and I haven't seen you outside of your shell in a while so I thought I'd stop by and change that."

I raise an eyebrow, "Change that how, exactly?"

"Well, how about you change out of the sweatpants you're wearing a find out." he glances down at my baggy pants and smirks. I shoot him a look before nodding and closing my door.

I change into a pair gym shorts swiftly and run my hands through my short hair a few times before walking out into the hallway; which is much more crowded than it has been in the past.

"Finally," Cato exhales, "girls take forever to change."

"It literally only took like two minutes," I breathe out slowly, looking around as we walk next to each other. A short girl with big curly hair smiles at us as we walk by, sending a weird butterfly through my stomach.

"So, how do you like it here so far?" Cato asks, interrupting my thoughts.

"Fine." I glance up at him and he shrugs.

"Yeah, it's kinda boring, but Snow says he has a special surprise for us."

"Snow?" I ask, slow down my pace a bit. Cato walks ahead of me unaware until he turns to look down at where I would be and stops.

"Why'd you slow down?" he walks back up to me, dropping his arms. I don't realize how entirely tall he really is until we're almost face to face. The aroma he gives off is a nice smell cologne, with a hint of mint. He's got a small freckle on his left cheek underneath his eye, and his lashes are longer up close. Cato must notice me staring because he waves a hand in front of my face, "Clove. Hello? Anyone in there?"