Drunk (Mary Read)

This was requested by amiillo
I hope you enjoy and I apologize if it isn't the best :)

You were currently sitting with Mary Read (disguised as James Kidd) and the rest of the crew. Jack was making a fool of himself in front of Anne, causing you to giggle when he fell off the stool he was seated on. You yourself had drank one too many and were about to be the most insufferable being in the world.

"Mary is sooooo pretty." You slurred, silence settling upon the group. James looked at you warningly, but you continued. You were drunk, after all, and didn't see the harm in it.

"She's got brown eyes like the ocean! Wait, no...the oceans blue.." you stared around the table.

"What're ye doin', lass?" James whispered fiercely. "Yer gonna give me away!"

Edward must've thought the two of you were having an argument about you liking this "Mary" person, and decided to chime in.

"Looks like your favorite lass is taken, Jim." The entire crew chuckled at his comment, causing James to snarl in his direction.

"We'll be back." He grabbed your arm and tugged you outside. Once there, he pushed you against a wall and glared firmly at you.

"What the Hell was that?!" He whisper yelled at you.

Your eyes widened. "I was just sayin' how pretty you are."

James' face was a mixture of shock and confusion as to what to do with you. Eventually he sighed and took the bandana off, letting his-or her- hair fall into her face. She let out another heavy sigh and pinched your cheek.

"Don't do it again."

You nodded quickly and watched her start to walk off, silently grabbing her arm and spinning her around.

"What-" you cut her off with a harsh kiss, unaware that Edward had made his way to where the two of you had hidden. He watched in shock at first, angry that Mary hadn't told him anything. Then his gaze softened as he looked at the affection in your eyes when you pulled away from her. He knew then that he wouldn't breathe of word of it to anyone, so long as you were happy.

Mary's eyes were wide and confused. "Lass..."

You giggled quietly. "Shh. I've got one more surprise."

As Mary stood there, unsure if she had really just enjoyed the kiss or not, you pulled out a silver pendant. It was simple but it meant the world to you.

"This was Grammy's." you said, still slightly drunk. "She died about a year ago, leaving this to me. It is supposed to go the one person I love most." you held your hand out. "That's you." You smiled cheesily.

Mary slowly took the necklace and stared at it. Seconds ticked by slowly and painfully before she took your hand in hers.

"I think I love you, too."

So it's not fantastic, but here ya go :) I hope you enjoyed and please let me know if you have any requests for this book. I am in the process of finishing up another request but then I'm free to write any more you guys have. I really do appreciate the requests and it makes me so happy that people are reading this book and voting on it. I realize that not a lot of people have, but it still means a lot to me. I will try to update sooner :) and as always, see you in the next chapter

~Cassy out~