More and more curses fall out of Finnick's beautiful, filthy mouth as he edges us both closer and closer, occasionally kissing me, sometimes whispering foul things in my ear that only makes me grip harder, and him go faster.

And then he stops, removing himself from me with no warning. I cry out, minutes away from pure bliss but he laughs. "Your turn, darling," he simply says, spinning us around until he is sat up in our bed, his back against the headboard.

I take the hint, and crawl on top of him, sinking down until my body reaches his, him filling me to the hilt. His head falls back and I take the opportunity to shower his neck in my own kisses, sucking his skin deeply until a red mark appears and I know he'll enjoy showing it off.

His hands fly to my hips. "Move," he begs me and I do. I roll my hips forward and backward taunting him, getting my own revenge on him before I begin to fully move, moving up and down as his hands roam my body.

The only sounds in the room are our panting breaths and the sound of our skin coming together in ecstasy as we speed up, the two of us nearing our ends. Finnick groans my name, over and over like a prayer that sends me over the edge, gripping down on him tightly as I squeeze my eyes shut in bliss, Finnick following quickly and finishing inside of me.

When we end, he rolls us over and pulls out of me, moving me until my back is against his chest. His strong hands wrap against my waist, pulling me closer.

"I love you," he whispers against my bare shoulder and I shiver.

"I love you, too," I tell him honestly. Moments like this, when Finnick is vulnerable, warm my heart. After seeing Finnick be strong for so long, seeing him open and honest make me love him more than I ever thought I could.

He pulls a cover over the two of us, and we sleep.

*

SMUT OVER dear God

*

~ Two months later ~

It's the first time stepping on a train since Snow's reign, and my bundle of nerves that wracks my body threatens to overwhelm me as I take tentative steps towards the platform. Finnick is right by my side, hand in mine squeezing gently. But even he can't reassure me. I know that I'm just stuck in the past, that I'm too tainted by what happened to think about now, but it's hard when you live a certain way for so long to change the way you think in an instant.

Something as simple as trains, for me, symbolise being taken away from my safety net and being thrust into the unknown, where people die and families are broken.

But today, as Finnick reminds me as we step onto the stationary train, is a different day. Ever since District 6 reopened all of the old train tracks and improved them, inter-District travel has never been simpler. Hence why today, Finnick and I decided to visit our friends.

My nerves won't leave, however, even as we drive out of the station, away from the sunny skies and blue beach of Four and towards Twelve, where Haymitch and Katniss and Peeta will all be waiting for us. It has been so long, so long since we'd seen them all. All of us had been war-beaten and in shock of the events of the war, so to be able to see us all safe and happy again will be nice. Comforting.

It hasn't been like that since mine and Finnick's wedding.

"Anna," Finnick's soft voice makes me lift my head to look at him, sat across from me at a little table by the window. "You look...peaky."

I loose a breathy laugh. "That's one word for it," I say, picking up my coffee cup and downing the contents. Finnick merely looks at me in concern. I sigh. "I'm fine, Finn, I am."