3-The Letter

It was their second day at Hogwarts, and the sun was just beginning to peek in through the window of the dorm. Remus was sitting up in his bed reading a book because he just couldn't sleep anymore. It was their first day of classes and he wondered how it would be. If it would be very different from muggle school. He was startled by a sound coming from the bed next to his. "Hi mate, what'd you doing up so early?" It was Sirius. "Oh sorry, did I wake you?" He truly was sorry. "I just couldn't sleep." "Don't worry, me neither." There was something about the tone of his voice that seemed a bit sad, and Remus couldn't help but wonder the reason behind it. The truth was that Sirius had barely gotten any sleep that night. He kept thinking of his parents, especially his dad, who would be so disappointed and so angry at him for being in Gryffindor. Not that it was his fault, but to them, it was somehow. An 11 year old shouldn't have to worry about so much but that was just life for Sirius and he did his best to try and hide it. "It's already 7," Remus said, "maybe we can start to get ready for breakfast?" The other boy seemed to agree and they both got up and started getting dressed. 

"Ugh, what are you two doing up so early?" It was James who spoke now as he stared at the two boys with a very tired look in his eyes. "It is almost time for breakfast." Sirius found an excuse. "Breakfast is in half an hour," Remus explained. James just turned around and went back to sleep.

-

The four of them went down to the Great Hall for breakfast. "Do we seriously have to come down so early?" Peter complained and Remus rolled his eyes and responded. "We wouldn't want to be late on our first day." They all took their seats close to a group of 1st year girls. James happened to be next to Lily. The beautiful red-haired girl he had met the day before. "Hi...I-I'm...James," he said awkwardly and slightly blushed. The girl looked at him. "I'm Lily, nice to meet you." She smiled and went back to the conversation with the other girls. "You alright mate?" Sirius asked confused as he faced a James who seemed to be day dreaming. "...w-what? Oh...uh-y-yea sure." 

-

They all made their way to Transfiguration class. James and Sirius sat together, and behind them Remus and Peter. A silver tabby cat transformed itself into Profesor McGonagall. "Wicked!" Some Hufflepuff kids exclaimed. She ignored the comment and started the lesson. They would be learning how to transform their quills into flowers. 

James turned out to be fairly good at transfiguration and managed to transform his quill into a lily flower. He grinned with pride as he showed it to his friends. Then he made his way to Lily Evans's seat. "Hi Lily, look what I did," he showed her the lily, "amazing isn't it?" The girl didn't seem to appreciate his arrogance and she certainly wasn't the least bit impressed. She had turned her quill into a rose. "Why would I care? Not like you are the only one who is good at transfiguration." She rolled her eyes and blushed a little realising what she just said. Then she turned back to her friend, Severus, and they continued to talk and giggle. James was shocked, and he glared rudely at Lily's friend before returning to his seat. "What was that about?" Peter was very confused. "Didn't you notice, Pete, James likes Lily." Sirius grinned and he received a punch in the stomach from his friend. "I never said that...but she is pretty isn't she?" "Oh James, you just met her," Remus just couldn't understand how he could have a crush on a girl he just met.

-

When it was time for lunch the boys made their way to the Great Hall. "Look, we're getting  mail today!" James was very excited. Owls flew above their heads and letters dropped into the students' hands. Sirius received a single letter, and from the moment it touched his hands, his face turned an abnormal shade of white. He didn't dare to open it, but he knew he had to. Trembling fingers slid along the edge of the envelope and he took out the piece of parchment. His eyes widened as he read the letter. His parents had not taken the news in a good way; and that was putting it nicely. He was called a 'traitor', a 'disappointment', he was told that he wasn't a real  Black, and many other outrageous comments. He felt tears building up in the corners of his eyes, and he run out of the Great Hall leaving all of his friends worried and shocked.

James was the first to run after him. "Sirius, what is it?" He yelled. Remus and Peter followed them all the way into their dorm. They found Sirius curled up in a ball in the corner of his bed. He was doing his best at holding back the tears. The last thing he wanted was for his friends to think he was weak. He was in Gryffindor after all, and Gryffindors were supposed to be brave. He just didn't feel brave at all in that moment.

Sirius felt a warm hand on his right shoulder. He pulled away. "Sirius, what is it?" Remus was the one who asked. "I know we just met, but you can trust us," James assured him pushing up his glasses, as they had a habit of sliding down his nose. "Yea we're your friends," the shorter boy looked worried, but mostly confused.

They all began to slowly sit around Sirius in the small bed. James rubbed his shoulder in a friendly and comforting way. Remus grabbed his hand, which was trembling again, and made it stop. Peter just looked at him with sad eyes and quickly glanced down at the letter in Sirius's pocket. He decided it was best not to ask, since the boy didn't seem to want to discuss it. 

Sirius just felt good. Good to have found people that actually cared about him. He had really began to calm down thanks to his three friends, who were doing their best to comfort him. Finally, they all fell asleep, on top of each other. It was just something friendly, and it brought them even closer that they already were. 

Please comment and vote if you are liking it so far. I would really appreciate it :)