Formal Introductions

Nightmares. That is the only thing I experienced last night. So much disgusting images, I'm afraid I might not be able to forget them. I dreamed of a cruel looking man, ragged and scary. He had just murdered a young woman about a year older than me and wrote with her blood. It was mortifying to see a man so evil he would write with only blood. I doubt it was ever human blood but still my imagination can run wild when I'm not conscious. There are obviously many possibilities to it. It might not even be blood but red ink as I first suspected it.

      I used all of my will to drag myself out of bed. The morning was bright but chilly. Tendrils of ice tingled through my feet as I walked to the bathroom. The stone tiles became warmer as I neared the sink.  I let the water run and waited until it became lukewarm. I splashes the water over my face and immediately it woke up me. I stretched out my body and felt all of my muscles relax.

           I combed my hair with a beautifully crafted brush. It's details were intricate and refined. Yesterday though I have sworn I never saw it. Another mystery I have to look into. I grabbed a hairband and loosely tied my hair. I enter the bedroom again and there was my clothes as if the wind blown them there. Whoever dropped of my clothes must have been very stealthy and quiet. During my time here hopefully I find that person.

           It was a comfortable white linen shirt with matching breathable pants. A taupe pair of comfortable looking sport boots lay on the floor. I swapped my clothes quickly. Before putting on my shoes I remember what happened to my feet last night. I thought they would be swollen or at least a bit red. But there was nothing. Not a trace of injury on it. When I stood up a moment ago I felt nothing. The pain must have been exaggerated by the impact on my nerves. Maybe even the daunting experience last night made me feel more vulnerable to pain. It was so strange. It must have healed overnight. Whatever happened it was not my priority. I laced up the boots quickly and stood up.  I was hungry to be honest so I left the room without being called.

                   I walked down the hall where the winter morning light filtered through windows at the end of the hall. I stare at the entrance through the library as I pass it. As I walk I hear breathing behind me. I was about to turn around when Erik's hands grabbed my shoulders. I knew they were his hands because they were very thin but sturdy. His fingers were long and spindly. I also got a good look at him yesterday. He looked disappointed in his training suit. It consisted of black pants and white linen shirt. Again he still wore the mysterious cloth that covered his eye. I glared at him pointedly.

  "What a wonderful Good Morning greeting." I say sarcastically.

He looked at my feet and nodded to himself. He looks up again.

 "Really? I thought you would be startled." he says very slightly astonished.

Obviously I had no idea how to speak with any sarcasm. He fell in step with me as we headed to the dining room.

  "I was trying to be sarcastic." "Well you should get Amika to teach you. After a few days she will start to be a bit annoying to you. I'm sure. By the way, you have excellent senses you almost caught me!"

 He flashed a crooked grin at me and shoved his hands somehow in a refined manner into his pockets. I look down a smile.

  "I did catch you. Just not at the correct time."

   "Maybe, but I know you got frightened. You jumped a little."

He pulled out his hand a made a gesture to emphasize it. I compressed my lips together and lifted my hand to hit him. It was annoying. I dropped my hand. I clenched my fists.

"Now your just lying." I say trying to keep my composure. He was laughing at my annoyance. I couldn't help but laugh as well.     I suddenly remember what he did to me last night. I say quickly.