Betrayal

Shortly after she left I started to notice other things in the cell. First of all the there was a small plant. It gave me hope that there is life here. There was a mat on the floor. I felt bad for myself not noticing it a while ago, especially because the floor was really dirty. A few hours passed by until I saw the sun again. As I've been told guards will pick me up at 3:00 pm. They arrived and brought me out they prodded me with their spears. We approached a ramp then we climbed up, to the right was a big table with map of Kanzia for the surface. Many people were there Amika, General Isam and at the head of the table is a face I dread, he was Emperor Arotin  ruler of Nakan. I have seen his face before in painting I saw when I was learning in school. They told me to fear him for he has put unimaginable numbers of people in distress. In fact, it not only included the Kanzians but his own people. He stood up and said

"Welcome Princess Kalia, please sit down." he sickly sweet smile lingered in my mind.

I followed his orders tying not  to show any fear to these officials. The guard directed me to a chair.

"General may you please tell Kalia  our little plan."

"Yes sir" then he stood up from his seat.

"You must follow what we tell you or your family will be killed at once."

The Emperor interrupted  "Who am I kidding, never mind death! Torture seems much better and I'll make you watch."

                      He stared at me waiting for an answer. I looked up nodding reluctantly. Silently biting back hysterical screams and tears. Amika meets my eyes giving me a sense that my family will be okay.

"Here is our plan." Isam continues "You will train with our many great warriors including me. You must master Nakadana our fighting style in 7 days. You will live no longer in a jail cell; instead you will live in the guest room in the palace. Servants will attend you your every request. Oh, yes I almost forgot." His wicked smile shows again, and then he says. "Once it is time for war you will lead Nakan's army to Kanzia and you must fight.''

                      Why do I have to do this? Why can't our countries be friends? We are technically related anyway. What will my parents do when they find out they will either have to risk my life or surrender? The general and emperor stare at me probably waiting for an expression. I can no longer hold back my tears. I start to cry so loudly Amika says to her father.

"Father this is too much for her, don't do this."

Her father stands up he walks over to her and smacks her in the face.

"Silence you silly girl"

She falls to the ground, no one dares to pick her up.

"No, I will do it." I say brokenly.

"Good, guards please direct her to her new room."

I stare at Amika who is getting up but her face is bruised and blood trickles out of her mouth. I mouth Thank You before I leave.

I am no longer the most beautiful flower that has ever bloomed in Kanzia (as stated by my mother.)

I am a traitor, a conniving and unloved traitor.