I'm such a cry baby

Jungkook doesn't say anything when we drive home that day. Everyone is silent, like they sense the tension between us. They could also probably smell another scent on me, one I didn't really feel like explaining. The atmosphere in the car gets thicker and I feel like exploding when we drive into the pack grounds. I almost jump out of the car and sprint to my room. I don't think Jungkook wants me to sleep in his room tonight. He's pissed off. I can tell.

Day after day the unknown beta makes advances, kissing me in the bathroom, and day after day I hide it from my friends and mate. Me and Jungkook barely speak to each other since the scent is on me every day. It breaks me to see my friends eyeing me warily like they think I'm cheating. I'm not. I never kiss back. For some reason the guy doesn't mark me, even though he got enough chances already. I don't dare to ask him cause who knows he would do it, thinking I want him to.

I'm a good student, the teachers praise me enough, saying I'm the only one motivated to study. I like doing homework and studying for tests. I want to gain more and more knowledge. But I'm losing more and more trust from my friends.

After the fifth day of coming home with the beta scent on me Jungkook finally breaks. I'm called to his office and immediately sense the bad tension in the room. He's in his black swivel chair like some famous CEO, I learnt what that is in a business book I'm reading, and doesn't even glance at me as I place myself on the chair opposite of him.

Silence fills the room, feeding the already thick tension lurking in the room.

"Taehyung"

My name booms in the small office and I flinch at the hard tone.

"Y-yes?", I stutter, the tone reminds me of my old owners, even though they never called me by my name.

"I've been ignoring the problem for days, thinking I was probably imagining things, but I'm sure everyone else also noticed", he looks up and I gulp as I catch his dark stare, "You know what I'm talking about".

I don't say anything, averting my gaze from his eyes to the floor. I hear his chair roll backwards and soon footsteps sound in the room, getting closer to me.

"Taehyung", Jungkook's voice is stern and I feel myself stiffen at the strong tone. Don't use your alpha powers. Please. Don't use them. I will be a good boy. Just don't-

"I will not force you to say it Tae", Jungkook's voice softens a bit and I realize I said my thinking process out loud.

"Taehyung", his gentle hand is placed underneath my chin so I can only look at him, "Tell me. Why do I smell another wolf on you?"

His eyes widen when his gaze travels to my collarbones. Since he's standing and I'm sitting he can look into my shirt where I tried to cover the hickeys as good as possible.

"Who", he grabs my collar and pushes it downwards to expose my colorful neck, "Did. This."

I whimper when he touches the bruises the beta made. I slap his hand away and then cover my face as tears pour out. My body shakes due the sobs and Jungkook isn't embracing me to stop it.

"H-he t-threatened to k-kill Izzy", I cry into my hands, "I-I don't w-want another d-death t-to be my f-fault".

"Another?", Jungkook's gentle voice seems close so I peer through my fingers to see him crouched down next to me.

"T-the family", I hiccup,"They w-were killed b-because of me".

"No Tae", Jungkook places his hand on my thigh, "They were killed because of the EXO pack, because of-"

He seems to hesitate to say the name out loud.

"Luhan", he finishes. I shiver at the name and he notices. He picks me up and sits down in the chair himself, placing me back down on his lap. I immediately cuddle against his chest, relaxing into the familiar arms.