I'm in love (with books) (and bacon)

I watch as the sun rises, shining down on the fallen leaves, scattered around the pack ground. I'm sitting outside of the pack house as I have nothing better to do than wait until breakfast. I've slept too much these days making me an insomniac right now. I've stayed up the whole night, trying to decipher the weird characters in the books on my bookshelf. I've never learnt to read or write, the only thing I can luckily do is speak. Words are really beautiful and I'd love to be able to read a book one day or write one myself. Maybe I could ask Jungkook if he can learn me how to read... Now I think of it, maybe it's pathetic that I can't read... No, he likes me... I think... I'll ask him someday.

"What are you doing here?", a somewhat familiar voice speaks up, scaring me in the progress. I look up to see Jin looming above me.

"I'm waiting for breakfast", I say, squinting my eyes as I look at him. It's not his beauty that's blinding me, though that may be possible, but it's the sun behind him.

"Then it's a good thing I'm here! I usually make breakfast for everyone. They call me the mom around here", he smiles, pulling me up. He unlocks the door and steps in, leading me to the kitchen.

"You want to help me?", he asks, putting on an apron.

"Uh sure but I've never cooked before", I admit awkwardly. He giggles and throws another apron my way.

"I figured that much", he winks, "You can crack the eggs into this bowl right here".

I nod, searching for eggs in the fridge and start cracking them into the see through bowl. Jin bakes the bacon, filling the kitchen with an incredible scent making me lick my lips. Preparing breakfast turns out to be really fun, especially with Jin as cooking partner.

"How are things with Jungkook?", he asks suddenly. I'm on the counter swinging my legs back and forth.

"I have no idea. We kissed, but it's not like we're mates yet like you and Namjoon", I admit, looking out of the window.

"It takes time. The bond's only there to attract you to each other, but the love, that's gotta come from you", he smiles, "And it took Namjoon a lot of adjusting to the idea of dating a guy. You might not believe me, but he was the real playboy around here before I joined the pack" He chuckles at the memory.

"How did you join the pack?", I ask curiously.

"I'm actually Jimin's cousin. I've lived in another pack since birth, but we got attacked by our rival pack a few years back. My parents sent me here for my own safety", he explains, putting the bacon and eggs on plates, giving one to me, and walking into the dining room where werewolves were already gathered inside. Once they smelt food they immediately sat down and dived for the bacon with eggs. Jungkook was one of them and I felt his gaze burning as I walked back out with Jin to get the bread.

"Do you want to go back one day?", I ask him as he hands me the bread.

"I want to travel back to see my family and friends again but I don't think I can leave this place forever", he smiles," After all, Namjoon belongs here, and I belong with him".

"That sounds very possessive", I point out as we walk back in. I place the bread on the table, avoiding the men who were gobbling everything down and walk back to Jin. We sit down at the end of the table. He laughs at my comment. "You'll understand soon enough how possessive werewolves can be, especially alphas, and you have a strong one as your mate", he grabs a piece of bacon and lays it on my plate. "I can already sense his possessiveness just by looking at his face. He's staring at you".

"I know, I can feel it burning", I whisper, not daring to look up from my plate.

He chuckles, "Aren't you going to look back?"