Connected [Luke Hemmings]

*5 Years Ago*

"Luke and Renn, you guys will sit together this term," said Ms Williams.

The blonde, skinny boy who was a few inches taller than me, smiled and sat next to me in the back. He didn't speak, just started to put his supplies on the desk.

I was new, probably why no one talked to me. I had made one friend, his name was Michael, but he didn't like Luke. I guess this was the Luke he meant. None of the girls liked me, they wouldn't speak to me. I didn't know why.

When we did maths, I wrote my name on my paper and wondered for the date. "Today's 16 July," said Luke.
"Thanks," I said.

I looked at him and he smirked. Why? He seemed proud. Maybe he was just cocky.

"You have a weird name," said Luke, after handing his paper into Ms Williams. "Is it short for anything?"

"Florence. It's short for Florence," I said.
"Even weirder."

I sat with Luke the whole third term, the two months were so long, but I managed. Michael had told me that Luke hated me, and I shouldn't try to be his friend. Of course, I obliged; Michael was my only friend, next to his best friend Calum.

The last day before term break, Luke told me there was a note on my desk. I ripped it open and read it.

Mars rang, they're asking for all the lunatics back on the planet. Just forwarding a message :) x

I looked around to who would've sent it, and there she was. Dakota Williams, also known as Ms Williams' perfect little niece. In Ms Williams' eyes, Dakota could never do wrong.

Dakota smiled and waved at me, her two blonde friends snickering.

"Girls, return to your reading please," said Ms Williams.

I looked over at Luke, who started to laugh silently into his book. How could he do this? He definitely was a jerk like Michael said.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

just a little reminder thingy or warning haha there is some 'foul' language in this story. It shouldn't be used a lot but haha it's in there !