• Chapter 02 •

• Chapter 2 •

Renn

I push Luke's heavy, unconscious body off of me as he groans. "Stop moving," he mumbles.

Again, Luke pats his head on my lap and holds my thigh for comfort. It's a comforting grip, not a horribly tight one.

"Wow, he got you good," jokes Ashton.
"Oh shut up. When he wakes up he'll realise it," I say.

Luke's been asleep since he came back from Dakota's house. To my understanding, Luke, Calum and Ashton are sleeping here, at Michael's house. I live across the busy street, separating Michael's and my neighbourhoods. So, there's no point of waking Luke up now. They won't get any sleep, so he should thank me.

"Luke," I call. I begin to slap Luke's back, and push him off but he groans and stays put.

"You're the worst bed ever Renn." I gasp at my name coming out of his mouth. He knows?

"Sorry that I'm not used to a 6-foot-four teenage idiot sleeping on me," I say.
"Technically I'm resting my head on you. I'm not full on sleeping," he says.

I roll my eyes and Luke smirks. "This..." he says, "would be sleeping on you."

Before I know it, Luke's large body tackles mine on the couch and he nuzzles my head in the crook of his neck.

"Luke! I can't breathe!" I yell.
"Good! Makes it easier for me," he jokes.

You know, I don't see why heaps of girls liked him, and still do. He's nothing but a cold-hearted jerk. His songs are nothing to what he really is.

Finally, Luke gets off of me, and begins to flick my ear as I scroll through Facebook on my phone.

"Stop," I mumble.
"Hmm?" asks Luke, flicking my ear.
"Stop," I say louder.
"I don't think I want to."
"Stop it you prick!"

Roman runs down the stairs, being followed by Harry.

"Flory what's wrong?" asks Roman. Of course he'd come running. He recognises my voice, and if I'm yelling, he thinks I need help.

"Nothing Rome, you can go back upstairs," I say. Roman has dyslexia, and has trouble learning.

"Are you sure? I don't want to leave you if you are not okay," he says.
"I'm fine Roman. Go with Harry upstairs please," I say.
"Okay then."

Harry takes Roman's hand and takes him upstairs to play.

"I like your brother," says Ashton. I completely ignore him and push Luke off the couch. He ticked me off, and scared my little brother.

"What was that for?" Luke asks.
"For being such a prick! I didn't do anything to you, and hell I don't even know why you hate me so much!" I yell.

Luke holds my forearms to stand up, and meet above my level. I look up into his blue eyes, filled with hatred and anger.

"I'm the prick? Come on Renn you and I both know you hate me as much as I hate you," says Luke.
"I only hate you because you treat me like shit!" I yell.
"Hey, calm down. Don't want to scare your brother."

I slap Luke's cheek, and my free hand is trapped into a small cold brace. I look down to see my right hand in a handcuff. The other side is connected to Luke's left hand. No. Way.

"What the hell is this?" I ask.
"It's a handcuff. We're tired of you and Luke always arguing. So the only way to stop it, is to spend some time handcuffed together," says Calum.
"This rubbish never works," says Luke.
"For once, the idiot is right," I say.
"Thank you," says Luke.
"Ah-a-a! There's progress right there! At least 7 days connected, and we'll see from there," says Michael.