6

*TWELVE YEARS LATER*

Amy groaned in pain. Her contractions were coming closer together. Meaning her daughter was getting ready to make her entrance into the world. Wolf had a hold of her hand. He never complained when she squeezed, almost breaking his fingers. He felt the bones grinding together when a contraction would hit and she would squeeze. 

"Why I ever let you talk me into having another child is beyond me!" Amy screamed at him as another contraction hit. This one seemed longer than the others. Realizing what was happening, yelled for the doctor.

The doctor came in and checked Amy. "Ah yes, Luna. It's time. Are you ready?" At her nod he gave Ulfr instructions to help her to the end of the table and put her feet up in the stirrups. 'All right, Luna, time to push. Alpha, sir. I would like it if you would help her sit up. It would help her by giving her more power to push." The doctor instructed.

All Wolf did was growl at the doctor. "Stupid pup. We have done this before. Several times. WE do know what we are doing. We are not ignorant of this process. We do, after all, have six other pups."

"Of course, Alpha, forgive me. I'm merely trying to calm my nerves. After all, it isn't every wolf that gets to deliver the Alpha couples pup. I'm sorry for offending you, sir." The doctor hung his head in submission as much as he could while keeping an eye on the birthing process.

Wolf began to say something else when his wife spoke up. "Wolf, shut up! He's just doing his job. Now, do what I need you to do. Your daughter is about to make her entrance into the world. The first sounds she hears should not be her father arguing with the doctor about how to take care of her mother. Oowwwwwwww."

"Deep breathes, Luna. It's time to give the final push.Remember, bare down." 

Amy pushed and out came her and Wolf's daughter. A squirmy, wriggling mass of black hair and loud cries. Indignant that she had had to leave her nice warm cocoon, their daughter gave a lusty cry. The doctor wrapped the baby in a blanket and laid her on her mother belly. Amy looked up at Wolf, tears in her eyes, and said, "Last one love. You finally got a girl. I'm not having anymore. I love you." Amy smiled as Wolf picked up their daughter and looked at her. The look on his face was so full of wonder that Amy knew she was going to be spoiled. Her father would deny her nothing. Probably have the same problem with her brothers and the entire pack. Wolf and Amy's daughter was the first female born into a pack in almost one hundred years. That was another story for later, however.

Wolf looked down at the love of his life, tears in his eyes. "Thank you, she's beautiful. I love you, Sweet Amy. I'm so glad that The Council ordered me to go to the church. Because, I never would have gone on my own. I never realized how empty my life was until I met you. I love you, so much. You are the only one for me."

***********************************************************************************************

Well, there you have it. The end of The Only One For Me. I hope you enjoyed this short story. Please check out my other books.