17√

» XVII «

It was already Saturday and I really woke up early because I don't want Kaycee to come and pick me up today. I wanted to pick her up today and to talk to her mother because I missed her so much and I also miss her macaroons.

"Mom I'm going out now! I will back before dinner. The usual thing. Love you!" I said as I kissed mom on the checks and I didn't wait for her response and just went to my bike and pedal faster.

Before I knew it, I was already in front of Kaycee's house and I inhaled and exhaled before I decided to enter their gates and pressed the doorbell.
I waited for almost 10 seconds before someone opened the door.

"Hi, Mrs. Rice," I said with a smile and Kaycee's mom widened her eyes in shock as she stares at me from head to toe.

"Oh my god, Kenneth? Is that really you?" She asked like wanting some assurance. I immediately nodded my head as a response and before I knew it, she's already hugging me tightly. I almost died for not gasping for air as she squeezes me between her tight hug.

"Oh my god! I really can't believe this! Come in, come in!" She happily said and pulled me to the living room and told me to sit down.

"So, why are you hear baby Kenken? Feeling guilty after not seeing me when you already knew that we came back?" She asked and I chuckle.

"Well, I really did miss you Mrs. Rice and I really felt guilty not seeing you for the past few days after knowing that you already came back. And I'm also here to pick Kaycee up."

"Ooh. You're both planning to have a date?" My eyes grew wider in shock. "Come on baby ken, I'm just joking around. What I mean is...." She chuckled after continuing her sentence. "You're gonna hang out again tonight?" She clearly said I nod in response.

"What do you want to eat anyway? Did you already have breakfast? Because if not, Breakfast is already served and Kaycee's inside her room still taking her bath. While waiting for her, you should eat first." She offered and I gladly accepted it without hesitation and followed her to the dining area.

Mrs. Rice and I continued to talk in front of the table while she watched me eat and she continued to ask me simple things that are only connected to me and Kaycee.

"You're here early," Kaycee said as she dried her hair with the towel she's holding and walk towards the dining table where Mrs. Rice and I are talking. "Morning mom." She greeted her mom and give her a Peck on the cheeks and seated beside me.

"Well, I wanna see your mom and I want to have a free breakfast here since I missed Mrs. Rice's cooked dish since were still kids... And oh by the way Mrs. Rice." I said and turned my gaze to Kaycee's mom. "Can you prepare macaroons for me? I really miss them, please?" I pleaded with puppy eyes.

"Here we go again," Kaycee stated and I looked at her and she just rolled her eyes.

"Come pick it up after dropping Kaycee later. Maybe by that time, the macaroons are done." She said.

"Yes! Oh yeah oh yeah!" I shouted happily and Kaycee just laughed at my reaction.
________

After having breakfast at Rice residence, Kaycee and I went out and decided to meet our bandmates for the practice and for me to tell them that maybe the following Saturdays will be hard for me to join them because I'll be focusing on playing basketball.