"Where were you last night?"

"Couch. It's really comfy, I didn't want to wake you.."

"Hmm. I think I got an elbow to the face last night." He chuckled.

"Sorry."

"Don't be. Kinda heartwarming to know she was comfortable enough to give me a swift elbow." He chuckled.

As he spoke with Cece, I found myself zoning off into his looks. His strong jaw line, the way his hair was shoved in all directions from his slumber, the crook between his neck and shoulder that I once upon a time used to love.

I moved onto his arms, the thickness of his biceps and the thick corded veins prominent in his lower arms and hands. His slim fingers were perfect for playing the piano too, something he never did but I knew from his Gran that he used to play once upon a time.

My mind reeled for the memories of laying beside him after a lockdown. His need was for sleep, and I was so in love with him that I'd spend half the night watching over him, absorbing his looks, hoping one day he may just return the love I gave him.

That day never did arrive.

It was only when Zak raked his hand over his face in frustration that I sensed a problem.

"What's wrong?" I asked coming back to the conversation.

"I'm away next week, there needs to be someone at the museum to sign for a delivery. I can't re-arrange it now, it's taken weeks to get hold of the damn thing. I can't push the lockdown any further back then I already have otherwise I'm gonna lose the spot."

"And I'm going to be out of town for a while, my mom isn't well." Cece added.

"Well where's the site manager?" I asked.

Zak looked over to me "You're looking at him."

"Oh. Right... So who's gonna keep the museum ticking over?"

"I'll just have to keep it closed until I get back, get them to down tools. I can't be in two places at once."

Cece looked disappointed "Look I'll try and get someone to take care of my mo-"

"No, no, you've done enough already. No you need to be with your mom and I get that. I'll sort something out." Zak answered.

"Well I can help out until Cece is back? I mean... It's not as if I don't know the job. I did organise you once upon a time." I smirked.

"I- really? You wanna help?"

"Of course, after what you've done for me the past few days. I kinda owe you  big." I responded.

"Like for real? Cause I'll pay you, you know? I'm by having you work for free a-and you and Ava can stay here with Gracie? She'll like that." He planned.

I shrugged "Sure if it helps."

"Oh you life saver! Thank you."

"No problem."

"Okay...So Cece make an itinerary of what needs to be done daily. So from orders to deliveries and whatever is in the diary. That way then we are completely covered. I'm gonna be away for a week, are you sure you're okay with this?" Zak asked looking at me.