"If that's going to help you get through the next few hours, then sure," he mutters, and my heart flutters. I have no other way to explain what could be happening right now, so I'm going to listen to Myles words.

At the top of the stairs is another door, which Myles opens with ease. On the other side, is a horrific scene to someone as antisocial as me.

The room spread out for miles. A slice of carpet that matched the runner we had just been standing on leads to the climax of the room. A raised dais held a table that four people sat at, tipping back the same liquid I had been drinking by the looks of it, although it was tinted slightly pink. The moment one of them cast a glance down to me - a pretty girl with hair the colour of fire - I looked down.

The music here is faster paced, the rhythm making me feel slightly nauseous. There are other people mulling around, whether is be near tables or in groups near the bar. No one touched the middle of the floor though, as if blocking the way between the door and the four terrifying people at what is probably known as the main table.

At least that's what it is in my head.

"Don't look at any of them," Myles whispers in my ear, his arm tight around my waist all of a sudden. We keep to the wall, where the shadows lurk. My gaze is locked to my ridiculous shoes, trying not to be tempted to look up from the hems of what people wore.

We make it to an empty table, where Myles pulls me into a chair, sitting next to me on the cushioned surface. He drapes his arm over my shoulders, which I try to resist uncomfortable.

"I need to get back to my sister-"

"Your sister is being looked after."

I continue to pull against Myle's grip in a subtle protest. As much as it seems right to want to get away from him and this strange scene, my heart just isn't in it. For whatever reason, I want to stay put and drink some more of what has been placed in front of us by a waiter dressed in gold, and watch everyone around us.

"Why don't I want to leave?" I question, finally pausing my movements.

Myle's points to a bench near the corner of the room. It is shrouded in a dark glimmering cloth, however, I still see what it is. An incense of some sort. A faded pink steam pours out the top, dissolving into the air. That's what's giving the room that berry smell.

"We are all being drugged?" I breathe, wishing silently that I could successfully refuse the need for oxygen. No one else in her looks bothered by it.

"Not all of us. Actually I lied. It's not what is keeping here, you just don't feel like leaving. That is making its way into your system slowly, ready to steal your memories when myself and my employer see fit."

"You told me you didn't know who your employer is."

Myles smiles slightly. "I lie about many things."

"So you do know?"

"I never said that," he says breezily, looking across the room casually.

My jaw clenches. How is he so infuriating?

"Do you know who your employer is, or not?" I question, wondering what he would do if I struck him in the face with my fist. "Actually, I don't care. I want to know why he hired you, and what I have to do with it."

"I told you, I don't know who hired me, however, I can make assumptions. I was told to bring you here and keep you here," Myles explains.

There is a moment where I have to let everything set in. Clearly, I'm drunk or something, because my mind is grasping at straws when it comes to his explanations. I don't even feel a fear or need to find Sky again. It's almost as if Myle's telling me she is okay is enough to keep me sane.
Without a word, I grab the glass in front of me, and throw it back. It soothes the itch in my throat. Myle's watches me silently.