Bonus

Chaos stared down solemnly, watching Percy and Erin as they argued over death. The rest of his warriors remained in Camp Half-Blood, all recovering from a loss that no one could really forget. Percy and Erin were irreplaceable, a couple who supported the team like no other. While they had won the war, it had come with great sacrifice.

From his office, Chaos continued to watch the mourning ceremonies unfold. Luke seemed to be handling reasonably well under the new pressure of being captain, although everyone could tell that his smile was fake.

Looking back to a screen that displayed Percy and Erin in the underworld, Chaos sighed, watching as the couple ran through fields of flowers, laughing happily. They were peaceful, and while Chaos missed them, he didn't want to take away the peace.

Percy and Erin had been the only members of the Chaos Warriors that hadn't been dead once before. That meant that they still had the option of being revived and serving within his ranks as a newborn solider. Yet, Chaos didn't have the heart to take death away from the two. They seemed so happy, so happy compared to the stressful life they had once led.

So with a final glance at Percy and Erin, Chaos left his office, and the screen shut down, never to be pulled up again.

Back on the surface of Earth, Luke Castellan fought tears as the memorial service for all that they'd lost continued. In the center of all the shrouds lay two yet to be set on fire. One was the color of the sea and the skies of the Chaos realm, sparkling in the sunlight. It represented Percy, the hardships he'd gone through, the relief he'd found within the Chaos Warriors, and the life he'd led on Earth.

Beside it lay another shroud, the color of the hearth. It was Erin's, beautiful in its own simplicity. It was just like Erin. Underrated, simply beautiful, holding much more potential than it showed.

Leo stepped forward, the tip of his finger alight with a small flame. Looking around for a moment, he hesitated, before dropping his finger onto the two shrouds.

They burned, and they burned brighter than the others. They burned, and the gathered campers and warriors felt the heat that washed over them. It was comforting, filling them with the memories of Percy and Erin, replacing the sadness within.

Luke sighed, and Zoë squeezed his hand reassuringly. Leaning his head on her shoulder, Luke looked back at the two shrouds, before releasing Zoë's hand and walking away.

Percy and Erin laughed, leaning against each other as they relaxed in the false sunlight, joking around and enjoying the peace. There was nothing to stress over, nothing to work towards, nothing for them to worry about. It was incredible, comforting, and relaxing. For once, the couple could truly relax, and they did.

It had been a few months since their somewhat untimely death, and Erin pondered in her head what life would've been like had they lived. Percy seemed to notice that his girlfriend was deep in thought, and turned to face her directly, raising an eyebrow.

"What?" He asked curiously, brushing a stray strand of hair from her face. "What are you thinking about?"

"Do you wish we could go back?" Erin questioned, locking her gaze intently with Percy's. "Do you wish we could go back to our old lives? Before death?"

Percy took a second to answer. "Of course I miss it. None of our friends are really here, and I do miss getting yelled at by Chaos for causing trouble in the west wing with Luke or something. But we have each other, and we don't have anything to worry about. It's kind of nice, and it hasn't gotten old yet. I know that it will in time, but for now I just really want to enjoy it."

Erin seemed to analyze his response in head, nodding silently. "Yeah. And when I think about it, it makes sense. It's the same way for me too. But for now," she paused, interlacing her hand with Percy's. "We finally get a vacation."

50 years had passed since the deaths of two of his most trusted warriors. Chaos's fist slammed down on his desk, although the loud noise that followed didn't seem to startle Luke, the new Captain and Commander.

"Where do they keep coming from Luke?" Chaos said angrily, pushing his hands back through his hair. "These-these creatures, whatever they are. It's like they're invincible."

"I don't know." Luke said through gritted teeth and a clenched jaw, trying to keep himself from crying. "Look, we've been over this! If we had Percy's knowledge-"

"PERCY JACKSON IS DEAD!" Chaos bellowed, standing up, before sighing defeatedly. Suddenly, all trace of anger gone, he repeated himself. "Percy Jackson is dead. He and Erin have earned the right to enjoy a quiet and peaceful life in the underworld without my interference. Yes, Percy was in charge of identification as the Captain, and he would've known what we're facing, but you are just as capable, Luke. I wouldn't have made you captain if you hadn't been."

"No, you made me Captain because you had to." Luke shook his head. "Percy's death was my fault, I wasn't fast enough to save him. He's still rightfully Captain. I'm resigning."

"You can't do that." Chaos warned. "Who will become Captain if you resign?"

"You can bring Percy and Erin back, Chaos. You of all people should know that you can. They were the only people on the team who hadn't died before. Now they have, and they can be resurrected once. Give them their chance again. We both know that I don't belong as Captain, I have no idea what I'm doing." Luke said, his voice laced with emotion. "Bring them back. Second in Command works good for me. Never Captain."

With that, the sandy haired boy exited the room, and Chaos sighed, turning to the only screen in the room that was powered off. The screen he had promised himself to keep powered off.

And with a wave of his hand, the screen came back to life.