Epilogue

Luke's POV

Time seemed to stop as Percy's eyes closed, his body collapsing to the ground. Behind him, Dark Percy lay unmoving and pale, just like Percy.

They were dead.

"Attack!" I screamed, pushing all of my anger and grief into the one word. Campers and warriors alike surged forwards, ready to defeat the remaining monsters. Our sorrow made us powerful. Our hatred made us united. We fought as one we killed as one, and we won as one.

And then, only then, when it was truly over, did I fall to my knees, and mourn the many losses. We'd lost two warriors, and too many campers to count. They were all dead, slaughtered by Dark Percy and his forces.

But they hadn't died in vain, like Percy had said.

We had won, we had avenged them, we had avenged Percy and Erin.

They could Rest In Peace.

Zoë's POV

I walked silently to Luke, tears brimming in my eyes. The loss of Percy and Erin was fresh in my heart and mind, and I could tell it was something none of us would recover from easily. Luke took my hand, leaning his head on top of mine. His eyes were tinted red, on the verge of tears.

One by one, every surviving member of the battle came to stand beside the bodies of Percy and Erin, staring hopelessly. There was nothing that we could do, and yet we felt the need to do so much. Percy and Erin were family to all of the Chaos Warriors, and the loss had greatly weakened us.

I gazed around at the sorrowed faces, cursing the war and the gods and everyone who had made their deaths come too early. The fates were cruel, we had all come to learn that.

Just a little too late.

Percy's POV

Being dead was not quite what I expected it to be. The pain from the poison had suddenly vanished, and as I opened my eyes, I was met with darkness.

Erin was nowhere to be found, and sudden panic overtook me. What if I was in Tartarus? What if there was a mistake, what if I was in some sort of in between world, stuck living and yet dead.

Then came the light.

It was blinding and overpowering, blasting the undersides of my eyelids a fierce red, the very five of it sending me stumbling backwards. Then I was falling, falling, falling down and down and down.

Arms wrapped around me. Then I was safe.

I opened my eyes.

The warm smile of Erin greeted me. She had caught me, strands of her hair tickling the sides of my face. What appeared to be sunlight lit up her features, making her look even more beautiful than Aphrodite herself.

"Percy." Erin said gently, helping me to my feet. The warm smile had vanished, replaced with a frown. "Percy, you're here."

"Where else would I be? I belong with you." I grabbed her hands, still entranced by her stunning beauty. It wasn't as if she wasn't gorgeous before, she just took me by surprise now. She was simply breathtaking, in her own, natural, dead sort of way.

"As much as I want to coo and say how romantic," Erin paused and took a deep breath. "How dare you get yourself killed!" She slapped me, and a stinging pain filled my cheek. "You stupid, stupid idiot! You're not supposed to die!"

"Neither are you!" I countered. "What's done is done, Erin. We're dead. But the battle is won."

"We died for a stupid reason. Those gods didn't deserve our lives." Erin argued, crossing her arms. "Percy-"

"Erin, I wasn't going to leave you."

Erin paused, and her anger vanished away. Suddenly, she leapt forward, grabbing me in a tight embrace.

"Percy, you're too loyal." She sighed, although the smile was back.

"I thought it was taken away from me." I admitted. "After all that Annabeth did, the betrayal and everything, I thought I couldn't be loyal anymore. Turns out I could."

"I'm glad that you are." Erin kissed me, and I smiled.

My loyalty had been taken away from me, but I'd found it once again. Even though Erin and I had passed, we were happy. We didn't have to worry about the war or really anything but each other.

And that made it all worth it.

--------

A/N:

So I guess this is it.

Many of you have been asking whether or not it's the end, and quite frankly, it is. I lost inspiration for this story a long time ago, and this is what I can manage at this point. I'm sorry if it wasn't all that you wanted, although if I decide to, I have a few ideas for an extra bonus chapter.

I don't want to get anyone's hopes up though. However, if you enjoyed this story, I'm grateful. Death Cannot Stop Me was one of my first fanfictions, and my writing has come a long way. If you want to read more by me, feel free to look at some of my other many works. I have another Percy Jackson fanfiction, a few originals, and am beginning many Harry Potter fanfictions.

Once again, I hope you enjoyed, and thank you for sticking with me on this extensive journey.

Much love,

Shrimpington

Update as of June 27th, 2017:

The Bonus Chapter is up and I have officially changed the title of this book to Stolen Loyalty. I also changed the description and the covers for Death Cannot Stop Me and this book.

Once again, thank you.