"I love you" He whispered as he set me down on my feet. "You don't even know how you make me feel"

"You drive me insane, Selene" He said, holding my other hand tightly as I cupped his face in my palm and pulled him. I kissed his soft lip once, pulling away as I looked at him with love and adoration. This man has definitely changed my life.

We were at peace until the sounds of war cries, horns, and battle drums filled the air. Achilles raises his head and listens, his face hardening. I looked at the flap of his tent to find out what was happening but I couldn't see anything.

"Will you go?" I whispered, as much as it sounds selfish but I was hoping that he wouldn't. Achilles shook his head and I sighed in relief before resting my head on his chest.

"My life was just full of war before you came" I said, my head still on his chest as I played with his blonde hair, he wrapped his arms around my waist as we stood in the middle of the tent hugging, swaying side to side lazily.

"How come you wouldn't date?" Achilles asked curiously. "It's because I was waiting for the right man"

"And that man is you, my love" I said and looked at him. His face held no emotions but his eyes, it was his eyes that showed everything. It showed me how sincere he was. It showed how thankful he is that he is here in Troy right now and I think that is beautiful.

We stood there for a while before someone shouted Achilles' name. I walked out of the tent with him, his captain's eyes widening a bit as he saw me but bowed.

Achilles' captain, Eudorus is sweaty and dirty, his hands stained with dried blood. His helmet is off but he still wears his armor. "You've been fighting." Achilles said calmly as he eyes his captain.

"My lord -" Eudorus started but Achilles cut him off.

"You violated my command." Achilles said, his tone harder.

"No, my lord. There was a mistake." Eudorus said.

"A mistake? I ordered the Myrmidons to stand down. You led them into combat?"

"I didn't lead them." Eudorus said. My eyebrows furrowed as I looked at him. His head was down as Achilles looked at him.

"Who did?" He asked.

"We thought you did." Eurdorus said making me gasp.

"But I was with him the whole day" I said softly. I looked at Eudorus and I can tell that something very bad happened. Achilles looks around the camp with a hard look on his face. I noticed that his men that were returning from combat avoided his gaze.

"Where's Patroclus?" Achilles asked.

"We thought it was you, my lord. We -- he wore your armor. Your shield, your grieves, your helmet." Eudorus said. "He's dead, my lord."

"You're lying." Achilles said, surprised by what his captain said. Eudorus shook his head and looked very disappointed. "Never, my lord. Never. He looked like you. He even moved like you. We all followed -"

"Lies." Achilles said stubbornly. I stayed still as I listened to Eudorus.

"He fought well, my lord. With great courage." Eudorus said. He looked at Achilles before looking at me. "But Hector came after him."

I gasped as my eyes widened. "No, no, no" I whispered and stepped back. I couldn't even afford to look at Achilles right now.

"If I could have saved him -"

Achilles hits Eudorus in the mouth. His captain falls to the sand. He straddled him and held his armor. "Liar!" Achilles shouted

"My lord, I saw him fall." Eudorus said but Achilles didn't listen and pulled Eudorus by the hair and hauls him to his knees. He snatches Eudorus' sword and was about to thrust it in his captain's chest but I ran towards him and grabbed Achilles' arm.

"No!" I shouted. It was as if Achilles was possessed as he grabbed my throat. I claw his wrist as I couldn't breathe.

My eyes watered as I looked at him. Whatever kindness, tenderness and love I'd seen in his eyes earlier were now gone. Achilles dropped me to the ground as I gasped for air. I started to sob as I realized what he did.

The love of my life almost killed me..

"Dead?" Achilles asked.

"Hector cut his throat." Eudorus said. Pain struck me in the chest as I continued to sob.

Achilles stood up, grabs the captain's sword, and walks toward the sea. Achilles keeps walking as the waters reach his ankles, his knees, his waist.
The waves were high but Achilles does not turn from them. He swings the sword, slicing the crests off the waves.

I rushed to Eudorus and helped him sit up. "Tell me you're lying, Eudorus" I cried as I held his shoulder. He swallowed and shook his head

"We were... we were supposed to leave" I cried as I watched my love fight the waves. I turned to Eudorus, his blue eyes looked at me with sorrow.

I fell to the sand and cried as I hoped that he would fight the sea instead of my brother.