δώδεκα

I groaned as I woke up with the worst headache in my life. I was expecting to be on my soft bed but when I felt something burning my wrist. I knew I was doomed.

I panicked and looked around for my sword or at least my bow and arrow but it was nowhere to be found. I shut my eyes and prayed to the gods that this won't be the end of my life.

My armor was torn and I could taste blood from my lip and I'm pretty sure I have a terrible black eye. I almost cursed when I saw the familiar blonde headed guy entered the tent.

"Nice to see you again, Princess" He teased. A smirk is plastered on his handsome face. Oh, snap it out, Selene! He is your enemy! He is gonna burn down your city! Your home!

I bit my tongue to keep myself from talking. The blue eyed captain from the temple entered the tent. "She's the one?" He asked plainly and I was left dumbfounded. I am the what? The one?

"Leave us" Achilles said before nodding. Even if I was terrified as hell, I had on a face that showed no emotion and my head was held high.

I am the Warrior Princess of Troy and I am trained for this.

Achilles pulled out a small knife and he walked towards me. I closed my eyes and waited for him to end my life but then I felt the ropes loosen and my wrists were free. I immediately opened my eyes and grabbed my wrist in alarm.

"Let me go" I said sternly even if my voice was slightly wavering.

"You're safer in this tent than out there. Believe me" Achilles said and I almost laughed at how foolish he sounded.

"I am Trojan's warrior. No place is safe for me, you imbecile!" I bursted in anger. I watched his face, expecting him to look offended but he had this amused look on his face.

"You're brave for a princess"

"You don't know me"

"Oh sure I do, Princess"

"You killed Apollo's priests."

"I've killed men in five countries but never a priest" Achilles said, trying to defend himself. I rolled my eyes and looked at my wrist which was red and had small cuts.

"The Sun God will surely have his vengeance" I said to change the subject. Achilles removes his bronze grieves without taking his eyes off of me.

"What's he waiting for?" He asked. I swallowed the lump in my throat before looking away. I got distracted by his built!

God damn, Selene! Focus!

"T-The right time" I stuttered as he continued to remove his breastplate, exposing his toned chest.

"His priests are dead and his acolyte's a captive." He said. "I think your god is afraid of me."

I laughed with no humor before looking at him dead in the eye. "Afraid?" I said mockingly. "Apollo is the master of the sun. He fears nothing."

Instead of answering, Achilles nods and looks around the dark tent making me grit my teeth. It's as if this is all a joke for him!

"Then where is he?" He asked with a playful look on his face. I bit my lip and looked away as he smiled at me. I stayed seated without glancing at him as he scrubs the dirt off from his body.

"You're nothing but a killer. You don't know anything about the gods." I said, still without looking at him.

"So are you. I know more about the gods than priests could ever teach you" He said and moved closer to me. Thank the gods there's a towel wrapped around his waist as he stood in front of me. He kneeled to look at me in the eye.

"We are just the same, Princess. We kill every day and we can't do anything about that"

I almost slapped him if he didn't grab my wrist. "Don't you ever dare compare me to you. You kill for fun and for your name but I kill for my people"

He stretched his other hand and lightly touched my face. I flinched and looked away. "Are you afraid, Princess?"

"Why would I be?" I said with my head high before looking at his eyes. Regretting it right away when he smiled.

"My lord -" A voice from the outside called.

"What is it?" He asked loudly, enough for the voice to hear his answer. I still held my head high as his eyes never left mine.

"King Agamemnon requests your presence." The voice said. I raised an eyebrow at Achilles making him smile.

"I would rather look at this beautiful maiden than talk to that arrogant king" He said while gesturing his hand for the man to acknowledge me. I quickly looked away when I felt my cheeks heat up with what he said.

"All the kings are there, celebrating the victory."

Achilles finally stood up and looked at the man before looking at me. I looked away from him and stared at my feet.

"You fought well today, Eudorus." Achilles said. The man named Eudorus bowed as he left the tent and Achilles kneeled in front of me again. His arm is resting on the pole beside my head to balance himself while his other arm is on his thigh.

"You don't need to fear me, Princess. You're the only Trojan who can say that."