δέκα

I adjusted my breastplate as I followed Hector to our armory filled with racks of spears, swords, breastplates, and shields. Once I saw Tecton approaching us, I stopped fixing my breastplate and slightly nodded as he bowed down to acknowledge Hector and I.

"The Apollonian Guard?" Hector asked his commander.

"Waiting at the city gates." Tecton answered in a rush. Hector gave him a firm nod and pressed his lips into a thin line. "Good."

Hector grabs the captain, Lysander's arm. "How long before the army is ready?"

"Half our men are still coming in from the countryside. We have to arm them, we have to match them with the right officers -" Lysander ranted so I repeated Hector's question sternly.

"How long?"

"Noon?" Lysander said and took a deep breath. Hector stepped back and looked at all the Trojan soldiers before turning to Lysander. "Make it sooner."

"I want patrols to scout the countryside. Check every home, every pasture. I want every Trojan brought inside the walls. If they can't walk, carry them." Hector commanded. Lysander bows his head and nodded at the command. Hector starts to walk away and so I followed him again.

I saw Lysander and the other Trojans watch our prince with silent respect. There is absolutely no doubt who leads our city.

"Troy is a mother to us all. Fight for her!" Hector said loudly as we all gathered. Both Hector and I were riding our horses, ready for battle. The men roared and thrust their spears into the air in determination to fight for what is important to them.

Hector leads the charge to the beach while I stayed behind him. I felt the bow and arrow hitting my back as I scanned the area, trying to see where the Trojans can stand in advantage.

This is Paris' war and yet he's just there in the palace with his girl.

Lovely.

War Inside My Head // Achilles (CURRENTLY EDITING)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें