Chapter 1: Sadako

Start from the beginning

She looked over him again, parang anak na ang turing niya dito kaya't hindi niya maiwasan ang mapaiyak. She assured him that once he gets up, she will surely scold him.

She pleaded to Jeraine. So instead of taking him to the hospital, they brought Jerone into his unit. Wena knows that Jerone didn't like to go to the hospital.

While applying the ointment, "Kahit masamang damo ka pa rin, nakakaawa kang tingnan e." Jeraine mocked and turns his head to Wena. "Hindi pa rin siya nagbabago, takot pa rin sa hospital."

"Ewan ko ba sa batang 'yan kung bakit 'yan ganiyan." Maang na sinabi ni Wena.

Jeraine eyes suddenly grew sadder and she faked a smile, "Maybe because he's scared of what happened back then."

"Bakit? Ano bang nangyari?" Wena asked. Napuno ng kuryosidad ang mukha nito. "Ang alam ko lang e ayaw niya lang pumunta."

Jeraine wants to cry that time but she should not. She just made a fake smile instead. "Hindi ko rin alam tita, nasabi lang din niya sa'kin dati... may nangyari sa hospital na ayaw niyang maalala."

Jerone's unit was filled with silence. "Okay na po, tawagan mo na lang ako tita Wen kapag nagising na siya." Jeraine checked her watch, it's 1:56 in the morning.

Wena nodded, "Okay salamat Jeraine ha."

Jeraine stand up and hugged Wena. It doesn't cause her to get shocked because she is used to it, after all, Jeraine is clingy to her. She didn't have a child so she defined Jeraine as her daughter. After that Jeraine went outside.

Before Wena got up, she stared at Jerone once again and before she was about to close the door she gets shocked when the cat came in and it sat down next to Jerone. Naguguluhan niyang tiningnan si Jerone, "Kelan ka pa nagalaga ng pusa?" She asked surprisingly before closing the door.

"So as long as I live I'll love you
Will have and hold you
You look so beautiful in white"

Jerone woked up when he heard a song from his neighbor. He frustratedly touched his head. "Ugh, it hurts." He checks his bruises. The wound was not that hurts because Jeraine applied an ointment and bandage on it.

"And from now to my very last breath
This day I'll cherish
You look so beautiful in white
Tonight..."

"Hoy! Magang-maga ingay mo!" Jerone shouted at the back of the wall. He stand up pero nagulat siya na may nahawakan siyang kakaiba sa tabi niya.

He then saw a cat laying on his bed, "Woah, hindi ka pa nakuntento ha. Nagpapaampon ka pa." He held the cat and put it on his arms as he caressed it.

He layed it in the bed and took a peek if it's female or male. Napagalaman niyang babae pala.

"Bastos!"

Napalingon siya sa paligid. "Hoy Jeraine magang-maga ang ingay mo!" He exclaimed as he went out into his room.

The door's opened. "Anong maingay e nagpapatugtog lang ako! Ikaw, magang-maga kung ano-ano ang naririnig mo! Dala yata 'yan ng pagbagok ng ulo mo e! Akina at iuntog ko naman para bumalik sa dati!" Bulyaw pabalik ni Jeraine.

Binato niya ang susi ng apartment ni Jerone, "Binigay sa'kin ni tita Wen since magkapitbahay lang naman tayo. Ako na muna ang tatao sa grocery kasi wala naman akong appointment ngayon. Magpahinga ka na muna." Her face went sad and worried, "You look so tired."

Napaiwas ng tingin si Jerone, "Layas na! Makita ko lang mukha mo mas hindi yata ako makakapagpahinga e!" Akmang sasaraduhan na nito ang pinto pero muling nagtanong ang babae.