Butler With Benefits

Today was March 14, 1994 and Muffet was at her stand. The sign above her stand read "Muffet's Bakesale". Below the sign were prices for her goods. 10 gold for spider cider, 20 gold for spider donut, 30 gold for spider croissant, 50 gold for spider cake, and so forth. Business had been slow lately because no one dared pass by Muffet's stand. Anyone who walked in front of her sale would be forced to be something or be spin up in her web and cooked into her next batch of goods. Muffet wasn't always like this though, she has a reason for her "greedy" ways. 

     When Muffet was a baby spider, her family was separated. Muffet and half her siblings were in the cave, and her parents and other siblings were in the city. Her siblings were too young to survive the harsh cold that was outside the cave. Muffet however was old enough to to brave through the cold to get to the city, but she couldn't leave her siblings behind. So in order to bring them to the city safely, she hatched a plan. She would use her baking skills to bake goods and sell them to get gold. Then she would buy a heated Limo for her siblings to drive into the city. The day after that she started selling goods daily in the same location and she had pretty good business. But business wasn't as fast as she had hoped. She wanted that limo right away so she started forcing people to buy stuff from her. Eventually people stopped coming by and now her business is at a stand still.

     Jumping back to March 14, 1994.... Muffet was hatching a new plan. I don't get customers anymore, everyone is too afraid. I need to start something new.... something....wealthy. All of a sudden she sees Mettaton's Limo driving by with fans chasing after. She had an idea. Thats it! I'll become a celebrity and get TONS of gold! Muffet whipped out her phone and called her Aunt Maggie. Muffet's Aunt Maggie was in the show biz and could get Muffet a show with the snap of her fingers. After short talk, Muffet was the new host of "Muffet's Propaganda Playhouse."

     A week later Muffet has rented an apartment near the studio she would be filming her show. The city was a dangerous place so she didn't want to walk a long ways when getting to work. Apparently there were various mobs and gangs lurking in alleyways throughout the city. In fact, Muffet's Uncle Marvin was a mobster. Muffet wasn't very comfortable so she called her uncle to see if he could arrange for someone to guard her. One day later a strange 6"7 tall man appears at Muffet's door. He was wearing a tuxedo with purple lining at the collar and pockets with a vest over it and spider cuff links. He had Clean Purple hair with red highlights that covered one eye. The one eye visible was a radiant diamond blue and he had pale skin. 

"My name is Merlin and I will be your butler.." Merlin pulled out a jet black cane with a strange red glowing orb at the top "..and your protector..." 

"Excellent!" Muffet sheered.

Muffet motioned him into her apartment and they began talking. Merlin explained that he had magic powers that he used to help the mob. Muffet explained why she was in the city and what she was doing and Merlin nodded his head. From that point on Merlin followed Muffet everywhere she went. Went she went to bed, he would silently watch her. When she would film at the studio he would wait a few feet from the set so he would be close enough to protect her if something happened, but far enough away so that he wouldn't be caught on the camera. Merlin talked openly when alone with Muffet but when they were around others, he only whispered to her ear. This is how Muffet came to be a star, why she came to the city, and how she met her beloved butler Merlin.