three: double t

iloveT: in a strange turn of events, I was invited to the Alpha house tonight. It's one of those popular girl hubs if you know what i mean.

iloveK: ain't that cool though? my god, my girlfriend is one of the popular girls now. i remember back in hs how much you hated us.

iloveT: us? tsk you really regard yourself as a popular boy, do u?

iloveK: why don't you agree? ;) that's why you fell for me.

iloveT: shut up, flirty. hey, how's school there btw?

iloveK: It's pretty boring here tbh. I mean no drama just school.

iloveT: I would rather prefer that tho. Can you spare me a few mins of your time? I'd like to see you....

iloveK: Of course. Anything for you.

I pressed the "video call" option from chatmates.com and a screen popped up. It's a new feature, apparently. You can do video chats now.

The screen was blurry, but the familiar chocolate brown locks appeared on screen, and I couldn't stop myself from tearing up.

"Hey."

"Hi."

There was a pause, as both of us simply stared at our screens.

"I missed you."

We laughed at how we said it both in sync. I know it has been a month since I last saw him in person, but it felt like forever. I've been dying to see him, and if it wasn't for school duties, I would have driven all the way to Pennsylvania just to see him.

Well, I would. After I settle down in Harvard, of course.

"So what's up there?" I ask, dying to hear about what he's been up to.

"Nothing much. Some crazies here and there, like the one wearing the chicken the other day. School though? It's alright. People here are nice even if there are cliques here. They're pretty welcoming, not like high school where there's really a divide."

"That's great to hear. I, on the other hand, answered back to the Alpha sisters. I thought they were gonna kill me but lo and behold, they actually invited me tonight."

"Oh Kim. You really do know how to catch someone's attention. It's like how I was back in high school when you kept on ignoring me and well, it was refreshing."

"That's exactly the word they used. Refreshing..."

"But hey, you hated me once, and now you love me. Who knows? Maybe, you'll have the same love-hate relationship going on with the Alpha peeps there?"

"I hate how cocky you are, but you have a point."

"What? You don't love me?" He pouted on screen and I resisted the urge to pinch his cheeks - 'cause even if I want to, I can't.

"You know I do."

"Hehe, I love you too, my queen."

I rolled my eyes at him, but his playfulness is surely something I miss about him.

"So, any girls there tryna hit on you?"

"A couple. Seeing how my charms are contagious, but don't worry, I already have someone super special and I won't replace her for anything in this world."

God, I miss him. It tugs on my heartstrings how he said each word with full emotion. 

"Troy, I-"

*THUD!*

I whipped my head back in annoyance to see where the interruption came from. And behold, it was from my room mate, who I learned was named Britney.

"Talking to lover boy, I see."

There was a hint of amusement in her voice, and for some reason, that bothered me a lot. I remembered her predictions with my relationship with Tyler and Troy, and there was something eerie about it.

"-AND STAYING STROOOONG!"

Troy's voice booming from the screen made me laugh. This guy, really. What a dork.

"Who knew your boyfriend is more annoying than you?"

Britney rolls her eyes, and plops herself on her bed, playing with her amulets again.

"Hey Kim's room mate, I'm -"

"Yes, I know, Troy, Kim's annoying boyfriend."

"Right.... anyway, please stop bad mouthing our relationship. It bothers my girlfriend, and so, I would appreciate it if you keep your opinions to yourself."

I was surprised that Troy actually said that. It's not that he doesn't defend our relationship or what, but it's rare for him to say something like that to a stranger. My heart feels full knowing how much he thinks about me and my feelings.

Britney groans and snorts to herself, swatting her hand on my direction.

"Whatever."

I stuck my tongue out at her when she wasn't looking, and faced Troy again. There was a group of boys from the background, peeking from the screen.

"Hi Kim!!!!" I heard one shout from the background, making Troy nudge him.

"Your friends?"

"Yeah." He pulled them towards the screen, laughing. "This is Noah, André and Christoff. They play basketball with me most days so if I don't answer my phone for some strange reason, then you can find me with them."

"Hi."

They waved back, and looked pretty embarrassed, it was funny to watch. There was a knock on the door, and I motioned Britney to get the door. She grunted, but complied anyway.

"Your room mate looks like a downer..." Troy whispered from the screen.

"I know right. So much for college. I badly want to turn back time."

"I see now. He's cute. Is this your boyfriend that you talk so much about?"

I jolted upright when I recognized the voice it was from. Nicole and Jen, along with their cronies were already inside our room, and well, let's just say, they have this I'm-up-to-no-good grins plastered on their faces.

"Hey babe, I gotta go first."

Troy seems to understand the situation, and nodded his head. "Bye, love."

"Bye."

"What are you guys doing here- is what you want to say, am I right?" Jen says, one hand on her hip.

"Yeah. I mean, can't you see? Privacy? And why did Britney let you in? It's unlike her-"

I stopped talking when I saw Britney on the side, holding a hundred dollar bill. Yup, I knew it. It's unlike her to let people in, most especially if it's the Alpha sisters. Their personalities just clash too much.

"I thought so."

"So? What are you waiting for, Kim?"

"Huh?"

Nicole threw me an envelope, embellished with pink glitter and silver sequins, of course. My name is printed in cursive on the back in gold ink. They winked at me before exiting the room.

"It's party time."