six: ok hotshot, what else u got

♡ Kim ♡

This is useless. All of this is useless. Screw popularity, screw sorority houses. I can just live college without all those drama. So what, if I have to relive my high school days with no friends, I am better off this way, right?

I took out my phone and logged in Chat Mates.com, just to check if Troy sent me a message. His messages have become my comfort now ever since, even when I didn't know his identity.

0 new messages

For fuck's sake, really, when I needed one right now. I shut my phone and dragged my feet towards the huge house. I should atleast say my goodbyes out of courtesy.

I don't belong in this world anyways.

As soon as I enter, all the ladies were lining up with their respective partners.

Jennifer has some cute guy linked on her arm, as well as Nicole, whereas I stood there, with well, myself.

We were all in a line, probably for inspection, and I see the Alpha's listing down things on their pink journals. Huh, must be a checklist or some sort.

"Elena Simpson, did I pronounce your name correctly?" Jen's voice was sickly sweet, and a brunette just like mine showed her pearly whites.

They started inspecting her partner, a tall guy, really buff and muscular, with a letterman jacket on with his surname imprinted on it. A football jock. Typical. Though he looks really friendly with all the smiles he's got going on.

"Bryce Thompson. Football jock, scored the most last season. Pretty popular with the freshmen this year. I like your taste. You pass."

With that, the happy girl hugged her partner and he seemed to appreciate the gesture. There were a few more praises until the first girl and guy who finally caugt their attention (and disgust) appeared.

"Really? Ryan Hemmings? That's the best you got? He's benching all football seasons. Alpha girls go for the big guys, the first five. Ugh? I'm sorry, Jessica, but you have to leave."

With that, Jessica bawled her eyes out, and left the house. Man, she looked really hurt and humiliated.... I hope she's okay.

"What a big baby. We're all sports here, right?"

Oh god, should I just leave without warning? But if I do that and they find me, I might be in bigger trouble.

Oh what the hell, humiliation and social suicide are things I'm already used to.

Nicole and her cronies seem to notice this, and turned to me. Nicole smiles at me, and marches in front.

"Hi Kim. So, I see you're alone."

"Yeah, I see that I am."

"You know, Kim, I chose you because I see something in you. I thought you were better than this."

"Maybe, I'm not. Actually, I just went here to tell you that-"

There was a loud thud, and the whole room snapped towards the direction of the entrance lobby.

"Sorry, I'm late!"

"For Christ's sake, you always do that. God." Nicole rolled her eyes, at the figure who just entered the hall.

Of course, he's a stunner, hence, the numerous heads turned to his direction. Me included. Not because I waa attracted, but because I was angry and surprised but still angry.

"Yeah, my bad. I was late 'cause I was cleaning up the other house."

His eyes were searching for something, but when they landed on me, he flashed me a grin and started walking towards me.

He slung an arm around my shoulder and I just stared at him.

"Sorry, I'm late in this initiation thing. I'm always late in these things."

Holy cheesenuts, I was sure that my mouth is hanging agape open. I was also sure that the rest of their mouths were also hanging open.

Jen looked really impressed though.

"Who knew? Justin Ferrer on the first task? You are something, huh. You should have said earlier that your date was late! Or did you plan this grand entrance all by yourself? You are something, that's for sure!"

"Yeah. Real nice. Good job, Kim."

Nicole didn't look too happy though. She was clicking her tongue in annoyance, but smiled anyways. Apparently, when you're president, that's what you do.

They passed us, and when they're not in our line of vision anymore, I turned to Justin.

"What the hell was that?"

"I saved you. You should thank me."

"Uh, I don't need your help."

"Look, I'm sorry. Whatever I said back there... it was below the belt, really. I'm just so sick and tired of these bitches telling me what to do and how I should do it."

"Then don't let them. You're making it seem like such a big deal."

I saw a sadness and something else in Justin's eyes I could not comprehend. And a part of me, wanted to know what that is, but a part of me, is afraid to know.

"But yeah, um thanks for saving me back there." I quickly reply.

He seems to regain his composure, and smiled again. That smile though. No wonder all the ladies in the room are smitten.

"Sure. Anything for a new friend."

"Woah, hold up. We're friends now? That's fast."

"I move fast."

Okay, that was. Well, that made me feel a bit flustered, and I know, I had to back away from Justin and his charms.

"Listen. I have a boyfriend-"

"I know. I just wanted to make a deal with you."

"What deal?"

"These girls are getting real annoying, and you are different from them, and I can see that they are intimidated by you."

"They are?"

"You don't catch on fast, do you?"

"I'd like to think I just don't assume things."

"You seem to be the type to turn things around here. This sorority fraternity culture is getting tiring. Beta house wants change, and we feel like you're the change."

"Um, so what do I get in this? And what do I give to you??"

"Just appear every once in a while in the Beta house - and other houses, you gotta build connections with the others, and I'll help you with the challenges and initiations here. I can also give you free passes to our VIP buffet lounge? Exclusive for Beta students only?"

The words "buffet" rang in my ears and I was sold. Yeah yeah, shallow I know, but it's food. Unlimited portions of it.

"Are you sure they're ok with a girl in your little club?"

"Oh trust me. They will be more than happy to accept you."

"Okay. Deal."

And that, my friends, is how I got into this awful mess.