eight: building connections

♡ Kim ♡

The few other initiations were pretty easy. With Justin by my side, I passed Alpha house with flying colors. I'm quite happy I won't have to deal with my annoying room mate anymore. There were rumors though- about me getting in with my connections. Most especially from the other girls. I mean, I'm not affected because they are a bit true. 

Practice is going smoothly. As always, the Alpha house are throwing all the big guns. The fireworks, the glitter, you know how it is. Anyway, with my deal with the Beta house, it's super difficult to secretly communicate with other members. I have to sneak out of the house all the time but it worked fine, thankfully.

I waltzed my way out of the sickenly sweet pink house, and into the patchy road. I walked towards our neighborint house, Omega, knocked on their doors, and was greeted by an all-smiles woman. You see, my strategy here is to try to think of anyone who could beat Alpha in terms of popularity. Beta house is a given, but due to their "loyalty" to the Alpha house, they can't contradict them just yet.

So for now, we plan on meeting with the next best thing, the Omega house. The Omega house are really creative people. They have the best props, the best costumes, and they are awfully talented. However, through the years, they never bothered joining the talent show because of Alpha. All their "art" as overshadowed by the glitz and glamor.

Hence the fact that people are really superficial beings.

"Hi there." The woman enthusiastically greeted, before recognizing me from the Alpha house.

Her forehead creased in confusion as to why the hell I'm there.

"Can I help you?"

"It's Kim." I sheepishly replied, holding out my hand for her to shake. She stared at it for a while before gingerly shaking it. "You must be thinking, what someone like me is doing in front of your doorstep..."

"Yeah, I'm actually thinking that." Her smile softens, "Come on in. Have a cup of tea."

I get inside and settle in one of their couches there by the fireplace. The ambiance of the entire house is so much different from Alpha. Everything is rustic, made with wood, artworks hung in every corner of the place. It's like I'm in Europe, and I really like it. The woman settles on the couch across me.

"I'm sorry I didn't properly introduce myself. I'm Marielle. The president of this house."

My eyeballs literally felt like popping out. I'm talking to the president? I didn't even realise it because of how down-to-earth she looked. Oh, the stark contrast of Marielle and Nicole. I really feel in tune with Marielle though. She's so much nicer than Nicole and Jennifer.

"Wow, where are my manners though. Hi Marielle. Is it okay if I get straight to the point?" 

She laughs at me. "That's exactly what I was thinking. So what's up?"

"Okay, so the talent show is coming up and I was just thinking, how your practice is coming along -"

Before I could even finish, someone from the background snorted. I turn to see a guy, who looks dark and brooding. He gave me the once over and rolled his eyes at the sight of me.

"What, come to gloat about your house?"

"Excuse me? Are you even supposed to be in this conversation?" I snapped at the rude boy.

"I think you're the rude one here, Ms. Trespasser."

"Give it up, Bryan." Marielle sighed, then she turns to me. "Kim, right? Well, you see, we stopped joining the talent show since... three years ago."