Chapter 33 - The great escape... or maybe not?

~ Author's Note ~

Thanks for reading, my lovely sweeties!! I love you, lemme give you all a hug \(^-^)/ <3

Flamingo Sylvia (?) I ignore from WHERE I got that idea, but... she looks gorgeous (?)

Lamp Wander reminds me of someone... I've seen... Hmmm... (?)

Enjoy nwn

~ × × × ~

"Fine." Sylvia cleared her throat "So... How're ya gonna 'elp me?"

"... Lord Hater will get in bad terms with Dominator... but I just hate to see (Name) caged like a bird. Besides... if we don't get her out here now, I heard Dominator plans to kill her!"

"What!? ... Hmm... Maybe if we confront 'em, it'll look like it wasn't Hater's fault at all?"

"CONFRONT Dominator AND lord Hater at the same time?"

"Ya got a better idea?"

"Maybe, let me... think... WATCH OUT!!" he shouted and pushed Sylvia away as some guards walked this way. They caught him staring down through some ventilation duct "..."

"... Something the matter, commander?"

"N-no, of course not! I was just checking if the conditions of the ventilation ducts are optimal, that's all!"

"Well... That kind of work suits you."

"Hahaha."

"... What... did YOU dare to say to me, soldier!?"

"Ah, sorry... Don't get so worked up."

"Yeah, we'll be leaving now..."

"Well, you better go! If I catch you doing nothing more than criticism, I'll report you to lord Hater!!" he scolded as the guards were on their way, walking far from him.

That was close! But... as soon as he was alone again, he noticed that he just pushed Sylvia back into one of the ventilation ducts again. But, the ones going aaaaaall the way down, to the trash compactor. It would take her awhile to climb up again.

"Uh-oh..."

~ ~ A bit later, in the basement...

"Hey." greeted the commander.

"Hey!" replied (Name).

"Hella, dear fella~! I was beginnin' to wonder where were 'cha, sir Peepers!"

"... I know lord Hater will punish me for this, but..." he handed over the (fav/c) backpack to the (f/c) alien "(Name) is not (Name) without her backpack!"

Happily gasping, she took the object in her hands, put it on, and stared at Peepers, thanking with her eyes. The commander responded to the gesture by smiling.

Well, practically not smiling, but you can notice when they are happy because their eyes... they close it and... yes, so... go... go ahead and just read.

"Thank you, commander!! You're such a good friend!"

"Thanks so much!" intervened Wander "I knew right 'cha were kind! 'N a super-kind one! Unique among watchdogs!"

"Sure." he rolled his eye, frowning afterwards "Just... escape quickly if you're going to do it."

"... Won't you be in trouble?" the female asked while Peepers opened the door to the cell by entering a code in the lockpad.

"Never mind that. Just go!"

"You tiny eyeball!" giggling, (Name) took off his helmet, then hugged his neck to rub her knuckles against his eye the hardest she could. Playing like he was her pet or sorta "Heh, you're a good friend, pal!"