My emotions got the better of me as the cry escaped. My body felt weak as he pulled me into his chest holding me against him. "Oh Lettie... What are we going to do?"

"I'm sorry. I should have said something sooner. I thought it was because of the show that you didn't.. If I knew, if I had the inclination that you didn't know. I would have stayed." I responded pulling back to see his face.

Zak's thumb swiped across my cheeks removing the tears "I have always hated seeing you cry. I know you would have stayed too."

We stood in silence for a few minutes looking at each other, my heart felt frayed and tattered in my chest. Like it had been torn at with a large hook and simply picked over and over. "Unpack that bag.. I'm going to sort this out." He instructed letting me go.

"I- what? What are you going to do?" I asked taking a step to follow him.

"Unpack and keep this door closed. It's soundproofed.." He took a look at Avari who flipped over in bed hugging the pillow.

A gesture I knew all too well...

"She sleeps like me too." He smiled gently. But his smile soon faded and the look of anger came back before he fled the room leaving me with Gracie and Avari.

****

I stepped out into the hallway just as the screaming began between Holly and Zak.

"She is a damn liar!" Holly screeched.

"Really?! You really think she's a liar?! Avari is almost 6! She's mine Holly!" He yelled back with as much intensity.

I saw Devin on the couch looking at his phone, his eyes caught mine and the look of confusion came across his face.

"He was the other guy?" He asked.

I nodded "I know I screwed up Dev. Please don't hate me, I honestly thought you were until..."

"Until we sat down and worked it out in hospital. You had complications though?" He frowned.

"It was nothing too serious, it wasn't the start of a miscarriage like I had thought."

"Avari. It's a beautiful name." He smiled.

"Thank you."

"Holly has filled me in, the exorcism, that couldn't have been easy.. All this time doing things alone, you must be exhausted?"

I shrugged "I am used to it now, the feeling of tiredness in my bones etc."

"Well it's certainly surprised me this evening. I mean.. Zak? How did that happen?" He asked.

"No strings, friends with benefits. But I fell in love with him.."

"I know you held a torch for him, you'd check your phone constantly to see if he had sent you a message. I guess it makes sense. You used me like I used you. What a pair huh?" He smiled.

I took his hand and gave it a squeeze "Nadia is a lucky woman."

The sound of smashing sounded making me look up at the landing as Holly came out the room locking eyes with me.