Chapter 19: The Wine

Blake's Point of View
It has been a week. A week since i've seen Krissy or Kate. They both left to their grandparents around the same time. I have been bored out of my life without them. My sister hangs with my best friend, leaving me alone.

I don't even enjoy going to the mall anymore. Seeing all the girls barely wearing anything doesn't excite me, it concerns me. I mean it's snowing outside. What the hell are they doing in these itty bitty dresses. Don't get me wrong, they're hot, but aren't they freezing? They're going to get hypothermia.

I looked up at the screen, seeing some random Christmas movie play. I sighed. How do I not have anything better to do than just sit on the couch? What has my life come to?

"Blake?" I heard my mom say. I turned around on the couch. She was standing there dressed to impress. A dark red dress and black stilettos heels were her iconic look.

"What's up mom?" I asked. I wondered where she was going. She probably has some Christmas party to attend to. I mean it is the 23rd.

"Why do you keep moping around the house? I am not complaining that I have seen a string of girls around here, but you seem off son. What has you in this awful daze?" She asked. I sighed. Even my mother, who has not been in my life for the last 5 years, has noticed my change in attitude. I guess I never realized how much time I spent with Kate and Krissy.

"It's nothing really. My friends are all just out of town. It's freezing, so it makes it difficult to just go and hangout. Plus Asher and Sophie are together 24/7. I can't even hangout with my best friend." I said the last part a little annoyed. Don't get me wrong, I love that they have found love in each other. I just want some guy time with Asher or even some sibling bonding time with Soph. I just don't want to hang with them at the same time. I'll end up third wheeling.

"Get off that couch Blake." She said marching over to me. Her heels clicked on the floor, adding to her authoritative aroma. "You are coming with me."

"Where?" I asked. Usually I would have said no to going anywhere with my mom, but i'm bored out of my mind. Besides, she has actually been trying to connect with me and fix our relationship. She has apologized for just leaving us and only caring for Sophie. She explained that to me that she was in a rough position at the time and did unforgivable things, but has promised she's changed. For once in my life, I believe her. She seems happier. She seems like a mom, she's my mom.

"I'm going to a Christmas dinner. It'll be fun." She said with a chirpy tone. I gave her a look. Her idea of fun is sitting around drinking wine. Gossip is also the main thing she loves to do. "Well, it's my kind of fun. At least you'll have something to do. Now go put on a suit Blake Tyler."

I huffed before shutting the tv off. I guess i'll never know if she ends up with Santa. I got up from the now warm and cozy couch and made the trek up to my room. The house was strangely quiet but I didn't think much of it. I opened my bedroom door and shut it behind me. I quickly changed into a grey suit with a red tie and put on black dress shoes. Once my hair was fixed, I walked out of my room, bumping into Satan himself.

He is the one guy I have not been able to like. He's cockiness annoys me and his face doesn't help. He thinks he's the shit, but it all honestly he's just a jerk who likes to use girls. And based on how he's dressed, he was about to go and do his thing.

"Hi little bro." He said reaching for my hair. I narrowed my eyes at him. I'm fucking older.

"What do you want Adam?" I asked annoyed. For once, I wanted to go to this stupid party and get away from this dimwit.

"Where are you going dressed all dapper?" He joked. I glared, imagining a fire beginning to burn. "Is your little nerdy back into your life?"

"Do not talk about Krissy." I sneered. I felt my anger start to rise. He doesn't even know her, yet here he was judging her and bullying her. He put his hands up in defense, laughing. My eyes were now in slits.