Newfound Romance: Part 3

Start from the beginning

And then the call ended. I cupped my two hands in my face and heave a deep breath. What is this mess that I suddenly caught myself into?

My boss' secretary arrived, calling my name. "Dean?"

I looked up to her and ask. "Yes?"

"Sir Holder wants to bring you to his business trip next week. If you like."

Well, what a coincidence!

"Yeah. Sure."

Maybe, fate is doing all of this. Maybe, this is the right time to forgot my feelings for Mandy and move on to the next chapter.

Maybe, just maybe.

》》》》》

Today, marks the date of my travel to another place for the business trip.

Today, marks the date of her wedding day.

Of course, I couldn't stop thinking of it. It was the woman I love getting married to my bestfriend! Of course, it's mind bugging.

There's nothing I could do okay? I'm still in a mess. Still stunned by the recent happenings. Still hurt. Still stuck in the pain. Still stuck in regrets. Pretty stuck in pretty much everything.

I bet, she's so wonderful today. She's blooming, glowing, breathtaking and beautiful today. Too bad I can't witness that in the moment.

Garrett's been sad as he heard that I can't go to his most awaited day. Sorry bro, I am doing this for me and my broken heart. This is me still in repair.

I am in the house busy packing stuff for the business trip when the doorbell rang.

"Who is it?" As I open the door, there stood the most stunning and beautiful woman I've ever seen with her wavy blonde tresses and flowy white dress. Her head is adorned with a flower crown which made her more amazing. "Wow." I uttered in amazement

"Like what you see?"

"What are you doing here? You're supposed to be wearing your gown right now."

"Supposed to be. But I chose to be staring at you right in this moment. I chose to be with you."

"But I am going away Mandy."

"I'm gonna go with you. Wherever you will go, I will by your side."

The ringing of the cellphone caught their attention. Dean took his phone. It's Garrett.

"Mandy's missing. Did she stopped by?" Garrett asked, concern present in his tone.

Being the pretentious guy I am, I act as if I am clueless and worried. "Slow down!!What's happening?"

He was about to reply when Mandy grabbed my phone. "Hi Garrett."

"Mandy is that you? Please come over here. The wedding already started and you're still not-"

"Okay quit babbling," she answer. I was kind of nervous as she answered that. What if she run away from me and return back to Garrett?

But relief came washing down on me as she said, "I'm not gonna go there."

"Why babe? Aren't you ready?"

"Garrett, don't be mad at me."

"Why?"

"Garrett, I don't love you anymore. I fell out of love. I love someone else."

"Who's that someone else Mandy?Do I know him?" Garrett questioned with traces of anger in his tone. He is angry while I am very much nervous.

"Uhmmm...He's Dean. I love Dean."

On the other end of the line, Garrett chuckled mirthlessly. "Hmm..The two of you. You are traitors."

Mandy and I are looking at each other. Our whole body is shaking. She keeps on biting her lip causing it to bleed while I am fumbling with my fingers.

"We are sorry Garrett-" she answers but the phone beeped, indicating he ended the call.

"Garrett's possibly on the car right now to get here. I probably should go."

"Wait," Mandy grasped my arm tightly as if it is her lifeline. "I'll go with you."

"But this whole thing is a mess Mandy!"

"So what? We're gonna make it throught this messy situation together. Because I love you Dean and I'm not gonna live without you. I'll promise I'll be by your side through thick and thin."

"You love me?"

"Yes. Absolutely."

"Then damn! We're gonna run away together."

"No time to waste dude."

She holds my two hands and twined my fingers with hers. She tiptoed and plant a searing kiss on my lips, tasting the tinge of blood and the sweetness of her natural strawberry lipstick. "Let's go."

Even in this big trouble we got ourselves into, she still never failed to make me smile. She's a one of a kind.

We ran away from the apartment. From the town. From the judgemental people. From the past. And never ever looked back again.

》》》》》
A/N: So there you have it. The finale of the Newfound Romance series. I did end it up because I have other plans. Actually, this is originally a fanfiction but I decided to turn this into a three chapter series.

Thank you to all the readers! Whether silent or very much noisy and alive (you know who you are :)), thank you so much nonetheless. If you want to vote and comment, feel very free hahaha!!! I would willingly reply. Don't worry, I am very much harmless.

Thanks once again!!
p.s.- this is my longest author's note in the making