Crossing The Line

Start from the beginning

"I hate you." She pushed my fingers away as I joined her side, sitting next to her as her head met my shoulder. "My feelings are all over the place."

"I know." My room was still as I left it, clothes tossed on the floor and other random things placed here and there. My notebooks were propped up where I had previously left them. "What did you touch?" I questioned the woman.

"What?"

"You heard me." I nudged her as she faced me, her fingers sliding behind us as I noticed one of my acoustic guitars. She slowly pulled it up into her lap, running her fingers along the strings before sighing.

"I was told to write when my feelings became overwhelming." She smirked. "I don't want to. But I thought I'd come over and strum something to get my stress out."

"So you broke into my bus to musically pleasure yourself."

"Demi, gross." Selena playfully giggled as I stood to grab one of my other instruments, pulling it into my lap. I plucked a couple of strings as the room filled with sound. Selena took a deep breath before trying to match my strums. She was a bit off, but who was I to stop her. Time had passed by without either one of us really taking notice. Sometime around midnight we remounted my guitars and grabbed the snacks from the station. I sat at the edge of the bed studying the screen while Selena lay against the headboard behind me. Tonight felt like any other night when she would invade my bus and hang out with me. But we hadn't said a word in the past couple of minutes and so I assumed she had fallen asleep.

I glanced over my shoulder, expecting to find the brunette asleep, but only caught her gazing back at me. Her eyes were pouring out secrets as I faintly smiled, facing the screen. Honestly, I hadn't paid much attention to what was taking place because now I was consumed with knowing Selena was gazing at me. My cheeks warmed as I tried forcing myself from smiling. From behind me, the bed sheets began to shuffle. I didn't dare look back.

"Do you have something I could wear?" Her voice, soft and low startled me.

"Uh, look in the drawer." I waved towards one of many dressers, never looking back as I heard her moving around. Her previous outfit softly falling against the carpet. She stood behind me giggling as I did my best not to turn around.

"I'm wearing your face again." Selena joyfully announced as I groaned.

"My tour shirts are not to be used for your enjoyment."

"I'm wearing you." She hopped back onto the bed behind me, my eyes finally finding hers. She was just a few inches away from me. Her eyes never wavered, a grin caressing her cheeks.

"Don't say that to anyone else."

"That I'm wearing you?" She snickered, placing her chin against my shoulder as I turned away.

"Yes, that."

"I could be wearing nothing." She whispered against my ear.

I shuddered, gently pushing her away. "What?" I don't know why my mind pretended not to sense the way this night was going, but I could feel it. Selena was being overly touchy. "We should go to bed."

"But I'm not tired."

"Too bad." I cautiously stood, searching the room for my pajamas as the brunette sighed. "You definitely need sleep."

"I need you." She stated matter of fact-ly, taking me completely by surprise. I honestly stumbled over a freaking t-shirt. Her gaze bore into mine.

"What? Honey, you can't say things like that. Especially to me." I grabbed my shorts and tank top before disappearing into the bathroom. Maybe it was best to tell my driver to pull over and let Selena go back to her own bus. She would obviously protest because of Nick, but he could stay with me for the night and at least we'd both be safe from the constant tension that found its way into the room. I kept my back against the bathroom door, studying myself in the mirror across from me before nodding. She had to go back. I changed, tossing on my shorts and tank top before walking out into the room to find it empty.