Chapter 8: The weapon

Start from the beginning

I looked back at Stefan before I left, nodding at him to say that he should get everyone ready. He nodded back with a determined look on his face. "Not for long, I will."

~

When we entered the throne room my breath was taken away. Not only because it was over occupied with republic forces and machines, but also because the whole floor had been blown up. Instead of the marble pavement I gazed at a large hole that revealed a massive chamber beneath and a grand light blue crystal-like stone that emitted a glowing light.

Around it they had set up all sorts of equipment. It was evident that they were trying to find out what it was. Even I wondered the same thing.

"Feathers!"

His voice woke me from my thoughts and I closed my eyes in annoyance. Opening them again to see the dark haired jedi walking my way with a huge smirk on his face, I shivered slightly.

"I was told I would be talking to Obi-Wan, not you." I glanced at Anakin as he crossed his arms before his chest. Even after the things he'd done, I couldn't get the image of him shielding me from the explosions out of my mind. He seemed dangerous and violent yet his actions showed the complete opposite.

"It's good to see you too." Anakin chuckled as he looked around at the men who were working. "You don't look so well, princess." He eyed me up and down, seeing the blood stains on my clothes and arms. I'm sure my hair was a mess too.

"Your prison isn't exactly a nice hotel." I glared at him.

He chuckled and then motioned towards the crystal-like thing beneath us. "So much for no weapon, huh?"

"Well, it doesn't really look like the weapon of mass destruction you described." I glanced down at the thing. It was almost 20 feet beneath us and we were standing at the very edge of the hole. "Now if you excuse me, I have a patient to attend to since Obi-Wan is clearly not here."

I made an attempt to turn back but the troopers behind me pushed me back towards Anakin. He kept me on my feet by grasping both my shoulders, making me put my hands on his chest involuntarily.

Glancing up at his eyes, I shivered under his hard gaze and immediately took a step back again.

"Oh, I'm here." Obi-Wan neared from a distance. He waved the troopers he was talking to away as he came to a halt next to Anakin. He glanced between us both after seeing how I awkwardly shuffled on my feet and how Anakin had a huge smirk on his face.

"How's our patient?" He spoke up after a while when Anakin stepped back even further.

"He's doing better, but he needs professional medical treatment, as I told your men a million times." I sighed as I fiddled with the handcuffs. "Besides, he's my patient, Kenobi. Just because you made your hands dirty doesn't mean you're suddenly a doctor."

"Oh, I'm sure it takes a lot more." He smiled and then directed his attention towards Cody behind me. "Get a med-droid to look after him, Cody."

"Right away, sir."

Obi-Wan then looked at me expectantly, as if he was expecting me to thank him. Instead, I only lifted my eyebrow at him. After all, he was still my captor and he caused all of this to happen.

"We wanted to show you something." Obi-Wan said as he laid his hand on the small of my back, guiding me towards the lift that would take us down to the chamber with the weapon.

"No, you wanted to show her something." Anakin interrupted as he pushed a button on the elevator. "I'm only here to make sure she doesn't do anything stupid."