Gabriella shrugs him off. "I'm going to sleep." She says. "Wake me up an hour before we leave tomorrow."

The three of them take the elevator upstairs, and I'm left on the ground floor. I look around the lobby, my eyes searching for one - well, two - particular people.

But I don't find them, so ten minutes later, even I take the elevator and trudge up to my room, ignoring the weird looks people were giving me because I was still in my pyjamas.   

What a crazy, exhausting day this has been. Seriously, never do I want to go through that type of family drama again.

And as for Dani and Nate, I didn't know how to feel about those two. I was too exhausted to be angry, honestly.

I pace around my room, wondering the heck I'm going to tell my dad tomorrow. I'm not going to live with my mom - now that I'm above 18, I dont have to - and neither do I plan on seeing her more than necessary.

It's almost four in the morning when somebody knocks on the door. I open it to find Dani standing there, his hair messed up and his shirt unbuttoned.

"What the hell!"

He steps in and frowns. "I don't look that bad, do I?"

I cross my arms. "You have some nerve showing up here, Daniel Price. What the heck do you want? And where exactly have you been these past hours?!"

He cocks an eyebrow. "Looking for your dejected, drunk of a brother in a foreign town isn't exactly easy, you know."

My heart sinks. "Did you find him?"

"He jumped of a bridge."

I think at this point, I'm ready to scream. 

"Just kidding."

He invites himself further in and sits on the edge of the bed.

"What the fuck is wrong with you?"

"Everything." He says nonchalantly.

This way, I was never going to get a proper answer out of him. Taking a deep breath and counting to five mentally in my head, I made my way towards him and sat next to him on the bed. 

"What happened?"

And he tells me. He tells me how Nate showed up at the airport, wanting to win Gabriella back. And not only that, he wanted to get her an engagement ring too.

"You should have seen him at the store, Val, he was so flustered. He wanted to really make it special."

I bite my lip nervously. "What happened?"

Dani shakes his head slowly. "He went to the bar to get a glass of wine or something, and one glass turned into two, then two turned into five, and next thing you know, he's completely off his hanger."

"Where's he now?"

"In his room. Took me half an hour to get him to sleep."

He fiddles with the bedsheet, entwining it then letting it slip between his fingers.

"Can I sleep with you tonight?"

"What?!"

He chuckles at my bewildered expression. "Don't worry, I won't try anything."

He yawns, and I glance at the clock. If I sleep now, I could have atleast a good four hours of rest.

"Okay."

"Great. Let me just use the bathroom."

When he's gone, I crawl under the sheets and pull them above me. The curtains are already drawn, and the only thing I have to do is switch the lamp off.