Orion and Fire

Lila's POV

Lila's POV

Kiara had gone on her first solo hunt and Sina was off visiting Carl. The two of them had become close over the last few months. Carl is due to become king of his pride soon and told me he planed on asking Sina to be his queen. I know she'll say yes, because she loves him and we'd also be allied with another pride. But I'll miss my little sister.

Taka has also grown in the last few months and I am taking him on a tour of the pride lands. Mum and Dad were going with Sina to met Carl's parents. So I was left to babysit Taka. He is curious about everything and loves adventures. Which is not always a good combination. Look at Uncle Simba he nearly got himself, Aunt Nala and mum killed when they went to the elephant graveyard at Taka's age.

I have taken Taka to see the wildebeest herd near the gorge. I was laying in the shade while Taka was chasing a moth. When I start to doze off he rams into my shoulder and I shot him a look. "Lila there's lion over there" he states looking at cluster of rocks.

"Stay close to me Taka" I tell him as I get up and approach the rocks. When we reached them there was indeed a male lion napping in the shade. "Taka you get out of here now, return to Pride Rock" I instruct.

"But what about you sis? He could hurt you" Taka reminds me.

"Why would I hurt a lioness protecting her little brother" a voice asks. I turn growling as I see the lion awake stretching his muscles. "Relax darling, I won't hurt you or the cub. But can you tell me which territory I'm in?" he asks.

"My aunt and uncle's territory, the pride lands" I state.

"Really? It's more beautiful then I thought it'd be and I must say if all the lionesses are as beautiful as you. I won't be able to leave" the lion says smiling at me and I growl at him. "Relax I'm not stupid enough to try taking over the pride lands or to try mating with the females. Not with two adult lions around and I know you are allied with the Savannah pride" he assures me.

"What is your name? Why are you here?" I ask him.

"Sightseeing and the name is Orion, what's your name darling?" he asks.

"Lila and this is my little brother Taka" I introduce us.

"Beautiful name for a beautiful girl and your brother looks tired" Orion says and I look at Taka to see him yawning.

"We should get you back to Pride rock" I say and go to pick him up.

"Will you be telling your pride about me?" Orion asks.

"I don't think that'll be necessary if you are only passing through and don't cause any trouble" I tell him smiling. "Though I don't know how you'll stay hidden for long" I say looking at his beautiful white coat and blonde mane. Then I look into his blue eyes and have trouble looking away from them.

"Maybe, but I'd like to get to see you more and I am hungry" he tells me.

"I guess I could bring you something as long as you stay here. Hardly anyone comes here unless they're on patrol" I say smiling. Then look to the horizon to see smoke and gasp. "No Kiara was heading that way for her hunt" I state. "I have to find her and I can't leave Taka" I say looking at a now sleeping Taka.

"I'll look after him" Orion suggests.

"I can't do that, if my parents find out I left him with a rogue lion I'll be in trouble" I tell him.

"I promise no harm will come to him and you'll travel faster alone" Orion tells me. After a few more minutes arguing I agree to leave Taka in his care and take off towards the smoke. When I reach the river near it the others were already there with Kiara and an other lion.

"Kiara your alright, I was soon worried" I say greeting her.

"Father how could you break your promise?" Kiara asks Uncle Simba.

"It's a could thing I did, I almost lost you" he reminds her. "No more solo hunts for you, not ever" he tells her.

"But I was doing just, even before Kovu..." she starts to explain.

"Kovu" Uncle Simba growls as he roars at Kovu who roars in return.

"You, how dare you save the kings daughter" Rafiki says as he appears.

"You saved her?" I ask smiling at Kovu.

"Why?" Simba asks.

"I humbly ask to join your pride" Kovu states.

"No you were punish with the other outsiders" Simba states.

"He was just a cub when you did that Uncle" I remind him.

"I've left the outsiders, judge me now for who I am or am I to be blamed for a crime I didn't commit?" Kovu asks.

"Simba you oh him our daughter's life" Nala states as Simba passes.

"Yes sire, clearly we are in his dent" Zazu says landing in front of Uncle Simba.

"And royal protocol demands all dents be paid" I remind him.

"Meaning in this case you have to make an exception" Zazu finishes.

"My father's law will prevail, for now I reserve judgement. We'll see who you really are" Simba declares and they start heading back to pride rock. I sneak away to go collect Taka to see he is still sleeping.

"Thank you for looking after him Orion" I say.

"Anytime and I look forward to seeing you again soon" Orion says rubbing his head against mine. I smile purring then pick up Taka and head home. When I get there I see Kovu sleeping outside in the cold. I shake my head gently and carry Taka into the den. Our family won't be back until tomorrow so I lay down near Kiara. I place Taka down and curl up around him before falling asleep.

A/N

Picture above of Orion and pictures in chapter of Taka, Sina and Lila. Picture on the external link of smoke in distances.