Kovu and Zira

"Uncle Simba, Kiara's in trouble" Lila shouts as she runs over to him and the five lionesses.

"Where's Sina and Kiara, Lila?" Yuki asks her daughter. She had left Leo when Timon and Pumba returned without the cubs. Leo and Nala were chosen to stay behind to look after pride rock.

"We were near the out-lands and Kiara fell" Lila states. She then leads the way to where she'd left her sister and cousin. Meanwhile Sina was watching Kiara with an other cub trying to avoid being eaten by crocodiles.

"Climb the tree" she tells them and they do so. But Kiara nearly falls, however Sina caught her by her scruff. She managed to pull her up to safety. "So who's you new friend?" she asks.

"My name's Kovu" the cub answers.

"I'm Kiara and this is my cousin Sina" Kiara tells him.

"Who wants to play?" Sina asks and Kiara nods her head.

"Tag your it" she states tagging Kovu.

"Follow, you run she tags get it?" Sina states.

"What's the matter? Don't you know how to play?" Kiara asks. She and Sina then get into crouches jumping from side to side. Kovu gets in his own crouch to play when Simba arrives roaring. Zira appears behind Kovu roaring at Simba.

"Zira" Simba states.

"Simba, Yuki" Zira states.

"Zira" Yuki growls as Lila hid behind her mother.

"Timon, Pumba now that we all know each other. Get out of pride lands!" Timon shouts the last part.

"These lands belong to Scar" Zira states pacing.

"Scar is dead, get over it Zira" Yuki snaps. Her daughters had never seen her this angry and Sina walked over to Lila.

"We punished you from the pride lands, now you and your young cub get out" Simba orders.

"Oh haven't you met my son Kovu, he was hand chosen by Scar. To follow in his footsteps and become the king" Zira explains. Kovu started to shake as Simba growled.

"That's not a king, that's a fuzzy maraca" Timon states.

"Kovu was the last born before you punished us to the out lands, where we have little food less water" Zira reminds them.

"You know the penalty for returning to the pride lands Zira and I am more then happy to do it personally" Yuki snarls.

"But the child does not, however if you need your pound of flesh. Here" Zira says pushing Kovu towards Yuki and Simba.

"Take him and get out, we're finished here" Simba states picking Kiara up by her scruff.

"oh no Simba, we have barely even began" Zira says chuckling looking at the three girl cubs. She turns away and picks Kovu up as she leaves. Sina, Kiara and Kovu say quiet goodbyes.

"Come Lila" Yuki calls and picks up Sina as they make their way back to Pride rock. But as they approached Yuki and Simba stop. "Stay Lila" she states as she places Sina down. The other lionesses continue on to pride rock to inform Nala and Leo of the cubs safe return. Along with Timon and Pumba.

"Want do you girls think you were doing?" Simba asks.

"You could have been killed today" Yuki tells them.

"But Daddy/Mama I/we didn't mean to disobey you" the cubs replied.

"We are telling you this, because we love you and don't want to lose you" Yuki tells them.

"We know" they say.

"If something happened to any of you we don't know want we'd do" Simba says rubbing against Kiara's cheek while Yuki does the same with the other two.

"One day we won't be here" Yuki tells them.

"We need you to carry on in our place" Simba states.

"You are apart of the..." he and Yuki start saying.

"The great circle of life, we know" the cubs finish.

"Exactly and as future queens" Simba starts to explain.

"What if we don't want to be queens?" Kiara and Lila asks.

"It's no fun" Sina adds a little shocked her sister would say no to being queen.

"That's like saying you don't want to be a lion, it's in your blood as we are" Yuki tells them.

"We are part of each other" Simba states. He then starts to sing with Yuki joining in.

"As you go through life you'll see

There is so much that we

Don't understandAnd the only thing we knowIs things don't always goThe way we planned (Simba and Yuki sing)But you'll see every dayThat we'll never turn awayWhen it seems all your dreams come undone (Simba sings)We will stand by your sideFilled with hope and filled with prideWe are more than we areWe are one (Yuki sings)If there's so much we must beCan we still just be usThe way we are? (Lila and Sina sing)Can I trust in my own heartOr am I just one partOf some big plan? (Kiara sings)Even those who are goneAre with us as we go onYour journey has only begun (Yuki and Simba sing)Tears of pain, tears of joyOne thing nothing can destroyIs our pride, deep insideWe are one (Yuki sings)We are one, you and IWe are like the earth and skyOne family under the sun (Simba sings)All the wisdom to leadAll the courage that you needYou will find when you seeWe are one" Yuki and Simba finish singing.

"As long as you live here, it's who you are" Simba tells the cubs as they reached Pride rock.

"You'll understand someday" Yuki assures them before guiding her daughters to her and Leo's cave. Meanwhile Kiara watched the sunset while Simba went to the den. "You both are grounded for a week, no leaving pride rock without a parent present" she tells them.

"Go easy on them Yuki, they've had a long day. But you both are grounded" Leo states. He and Yuki form a circle around their cubs as they all fell asleep. Kiara entered the den and walked over to her mother who gave her a bath. Before they fell asleep like Simba had.

A/N

Picture above of Kovu and Zira. Video above of the original song.