[#3] 🌳

"care to explain?" the good looking guy—jin, jungkook guessed, as he sat across him and yoongi. yoongi rolled his eyes and sighed, "he's lost and i found him."

jin shook his head and grabbed yoongi's arm, dragging him away from jungkook before shout whispering to him, "it's not about that! what is a spirit doing in our house?!" 

yoongi pinched his nose bridge and gave jin a tired look, "he was almost eaten by the trogon*, ok? and by the looks of it, he isn't aware of his state." yoongi then removed his arm from jin's grip and leaned against the wall. "what can i do when a hopeless spirit wandering in the middle of this forest?" 

jin sighed and patted yoongi's shoulder, "i'm surprised you have an ounce of care for another being." upon hearing jin's statement, yoongi snorted and wave his hand, "whatever."

🌳🌳🌳

"so, you're name is jungkook, correct?" said stern looking guy, sitting across from jungkook.

jungkook nodded at the question and looked at 6 guys in front of him, which some he already knew the name, "i-i'm sorry for the burden.. i'll go away by tomorrow, so.. uhh.. please let me stay for the night.. i'm fine by sleeping on the couch or even floor..," said him nervously whilst fidgeting with his finger.

jin looked at him with a pitying look and heaved a sigh, "it's not the problem, kid."

jungkook looked at them with a questioning look, "what do you mean?"

the stern looking guy—namjoon, put his mug of coffee down and gave jungkook a little smile, "do you know what and where are you right now? are you aware?" 

the question was answered by jungkook tilting his head to the side a little, looking confused. "i'm a student on school field trip and i appearantly lost when wandering around..?" answered him.

"how old are you?" asked the guy from the door before—hoseok. 

"16," answered jungkook almost immediately. the answer earned jungkook a small gasps from some of them, while others shoot him looks of pity. which makes jungkook more confused as he already are. "he's still so young..," muttered jin.

"uhh.. what's wrong?" asked jungkook, uncertain. namjoon sighed and leaned in closer to jungkook from his seat. 

"kid, if i say, you're already dead and now is a spirit, would you believe me?" asked him.

jungkook was now shocked by the other man words. he stayed silent for good minutes, trying to comprehend the latter's statement. 'me? dead? they must be kidding right?'

jungkook clenched his fist, hard, then shoot the other guys a glare, "your joke is kinda too far, isn't it, sir?"

but jungkook could see that these guys aren't joking around. the pitying looks, the seriousness in their eyes already speak for them to jungkook. "do you think we're one to joke around about life and death here to you, kid?" said yoongi, rather harsh.

jungkook flinched and looked away, still shocked, not noticing that his visions started to blur. he tried to remember, but he can't seems to find the right memories of him dying anywhere anywhen. only him wandering around in needed of fresh air only to find out that he's lost by the time he come back.

"but it's strange," said namjoon, breaking jungkook's train of thoughts. jungkook immediately wiped his eyes before any tears could fall and looked to him. "usually, any spirits won't wander around since it would be dangerous for them as trogon would feast on them. spirits of the dead are always escorted by thanatos** to the underworld. unless.. it's not your due date to die or you still have.. problems."

jungkook can't understand whatever namjoon said, as it was too overwhelming for him. he could feel the stress coming all over washing him, but strangely, he felt no headache nor fatigue like he used to have.  'does being a spirit also feels no pain? am i really dead now?'

"i-i'm sorry.. i just- it's too much.. can we talk about it tomorrow..?" said jungkook rather weakly. the other 6 guys looked at each other before leaving jungkook slowly by himself, pondering on the couch. "i'm sorry, kid. it must be too overwhelming for you. please rest well for the day. then," said namjoon whilst smiling softly, patting the latter's brown locks and left him.

jungkook brought his hands to his face, sighing. he pondered for good long minutes and looked at his own hands, 'i'm dead, huh... but why am i, sad about it...? why... why can't i remember anything...?'

🌳🌳🌳

*trogon: eater

**thanatos: grim reaper

a/n: sorry for the short update. might have to rush this, probably don't have much time left, haha. thank you for reading this book.

 thank you for reading this book