[#prolouge] 🌳

"you fucking ungrateful son of a bitch," said a rough voice to jungkook. the voice owner grabbed him by his hair and slapped him. jungkook, with his small body, whimpered from the pain and curled himself to a ball, crying. "stop, appa. i'm sorry, please, i'm sorry," sobbed the bruised boy.

his father only grinned and took an empty bottle of soju, lifting it. "you're just like your mother, useless piece of shit," he said as he swung the bottle at jungkook. 

🌳🌳🌳

"jeon jungkook!" shouted a voice, waking him up from his terrible dream-- no, nightmare. he held his chest and could feel his heart beating hard from the adrenaline. he felt sick by the dream, wanting to throw up. 

the man who woke jungkook up sighed and sat next to him on his bed, patting his back. "that dream again?" asked him softly. jungkook who slowly started to gain his consciousness looked at him and smiled a little, "it's okay hyung. i'm alright now." 

his hyung looked at him with a worried look and sighed again, "anyway, you should go and prepare yourself, i'll make the breakfast. it's your school field trip today, right?"

jungkook stayed silent for a sec then nodded, "yeah, it is.."

his hyung ruffled his hair and get up from the bed, "i'll see you downstairs when you're ready."

being left alone in his room, his mind started to wander as he get up from his bed, walking to his bathroom. "field trip huh, where was it again.."

he never really liked the thought of going on any school events, especially field trips. jungkook was not that, sociable, to say at least. he didn't have any friend in school due to his lacking social skills. he was never the kid to have any friends anyway. 

his abusive father won't even let him go back home late, let alone building a relationship. he was grateful though for his older brother who came to pick him up in regards of their already passed mother. 

jungkook learned that their parents divorced, and his mother only took his older brother with him, leaving jungkook behind with his father. jungkook was never mad about that, it's just that sometimes he wonder, why?

jungkook looked at his own reflection on the bathroom mirror. he looks so damn awful, thanks to the nightmare that he suffered daily. 

even after his abusive father gone already, the scars, the trauma still stay inside him. jungkook sometimes wonder, 'how did a worthless human like me manage to stay alive? aren't i just a burden to hyung? why.. am i still alive?'

"ah, that's right. we're going to the forest."

🌳🌳🌳

A/N: hello, author speaking. hope you read the announcement already, and here's the remastered version of call of forest. hope you're enjoying this series!