She broken

Jugheads POV
I carry her in my arms running to the nearest hospital. She's barley breathing. She's so cold, almost lifeless. I feel tears streaming down my face. How could this happen to my Betty, what could drive her to lose her mind, and not be able to think straight.

I ran into the emergency ward. "Excuse me, my um...friend here needs help. She's unconscious and has been sitting outside in the ran like this for a long time, I don't know how long." I finish barely being able to keep myself together.

The lady brought out a bed and I payed Betty on it. She was rolled away and I couldn't keep myself together any longer. I let the stifled sob escape my mouth, and the tears started to stream down my face. I sat down in the waiting area and decided I should stay till she wakes up.

After several hours of sitting in the waiting room a nurse comes out. "Jughead jones, she's awake and stable" she says in a sweet like honey voice. I stood up and followed her down the hall to Betty's room. Before I opened the door I took a shaky breath then walked in.

Betty was staring at the wall, tears  running down her cheeks. Her hair was a mess, her lipstick was smudged, and she was still a dull shade of pale blue. On top of her looking terrible she was handcuffed to the bed. I remember overhearing the doctor saying that she was fighting back trying to harm herself. But she didn't.

I ran up to the side of the bed " hey Betty it's okay I'm here" I say stroking her head. " Betty what happened?" I asked worried.

She met my eyes and swallowed "well  I asked Archie to be my boyfriend" okay ouch that hurt, I wish she liked me. But she continued " well he said 'no as if, why would I want to date you' then he laughed in my face" she was full on crying now. I can't believe Archie would be that insensitive. "Juggie he doesn't even want to be my best friend. He said just friends!" She was balling now.

"Oh Betty I'm so sorry! He doesn't deserve you anyway." I said while stroking her hair. She smiled at me, it was a weak one but it was better than nothing. "Betty I'm going to get you out of here okay. I won't let anyone hurt you ever again."

She nodded "Thanks jug". And right then I say some life return to her eyes, and her small smile was truly genuine.

Maybe just maybe I do have a chance with Betty cooper. Either way I was going to make sure she was safe and happy!