The dress

Betty's POV
I smile to myself as me and Veronica walk into the bridal shop. My heart swells to know that in two days I'm going to be Betty Jones.
"Good day lady's, what kind of dress are you looking for today?" Asks the kind lady who will be helping me out today.
I blush sheepishly, "Um I need a wedding dress that fits perfectly, and one that has long sleeves." By the look on her face I can tell she doesn't agree to the long sleeves, but we're paying her so she agrees.
I need the long sleeves, I just can't stand all my friends and Jug seeing the scars that line my arms, shoulders and back. The doctors asked me before my coma if they could tell them. I objected. However I know the jughead will probably see them soon on our honeymoon. If it's anything like normal weddings.
We must have spent hours in the bridal shop, trying to find the perfect fit for my small frail body. It's been hard to gain the weight back.
Some were to baggy, or to old looking. The attendant kept trying to get me to try on of the shoulder, or sleeveless. I always won.
But finally, after hours of trying on dresses I found the perfect one.
It was a slim cut, whit gown. With white lace sleeves that went to my wrists. The sweet heart neckline defined my neck and chest beautifully. It was perfect.
"Oh Betty! This is it!" Squealed Roni. I smiled at her in the mirror. "But what if the back was a bit lower," she said as she pulled the back down slightly. Before I could pull away she saw the large red scars the dragged across my back, and down my spine. She gasped. "Betty? What happened?"

~Flashback~
I lay starving and shivering in the cold dark cell. My wrist aches from the too tight hand cuffs. The scar on my forehead still fresh and bleeding. But the worst was my leg, slowly draining the blood, and energy from my frail body. When I heard the door creak open, I quickly scurried to the corner. Afraid of what was to come. The deep rum biking laugh only made me push myself further into the wall, like I could just disappear into it. I heard his knife blade scrape across the wall. When I felt his breath on my checks I knew I was in for it. I felt his hand stroke my thigh, and move all the way up to my chest. I tried to flinch away, which only resulted in him becoming mad.
He took his knife and dug it into my back, he dragged it along my spine. Screams erupted from my mouth.

~End of Flashback~

I come back to reality when I see Veronica's alarmed face in front of mine. I guess I was staring off into space for a while, and started screaming at the memory. It must have been terrifying to watch from the outside.
"D-d-don't tel J-J-Jughead," I stammer. Veronica's face softens and tears come to her eyes.
"Don't worry Betty, it's not my business to tell, but when your ready, please tell me what happened." Veronica cooed.
I smiled at her. I really did miss having my best friend. I'm just sad I missed so many important events of her life.
"Let's ring up this dress. Okay? I want to pay for it." States Roni.
I look at her stunned, "No Roni, you can't afford this!" I say looking at the price.
She shakes her head, "Betty I'm a multi billionaire, my fashion company has skyrocketed. Please let me, it's the less I can do.
Wow just great, another important event that I missed in my best friends life. But I know that I won't win this fight so I just smile at her.
"Thank you" I exclaim as I throw my arms around her. I feel her smile, and for the first time, I truly feel like I have arrived home.