Chapter 24

On Neverland

Peter p.o.v.

It has been a few days since we realized that this Great Lion Witch Muriel wasn't as dead as she was supposed to be. I've ordered no boys by the Fairy border unless I tell them to go and to never approach a walking Fairy corpse unless they want to die either by them or by me for breaking my rules. Also, I'm getting pretty tired of all these witches on my island- especially without my permission. I'm king of Neverland and it looks bad on me when these things decide to come and go as they please without consequences. It seems I need to speak with Shadow about his apparent lack in guarding this island like he was told. But that'll have to wait, for now I need to devise a plan on how to get Muriel under our control until the Blood Moon Solstice and to help Beryl make her portal to the wasteland that Earth has become so we can get Elias back.

I already have a way to find her, even if she's hiding inside the Fairy territory it won't hide from all magic I've acquired here. Maybe Ber has an idea on how to keep her locked up properly without being a danger to any in the camp. My supply of soldiers is now limited with the shape that the world below is in. I pocket my tracker of Muriel and step out of the tent to find my Soulmate. She's across the camp talking to Baelfire and Felix, her silver scimitars held in both hands with her decorated leather scabbards strapped to her back. She must've won in their game Dead yet again. Felix spots me coming towards them but makes no acknowledgement to my presence until I've already wrapped myself around the brunette Dragon hybrid I love.

"Winning again I see, doesn't taking them down ever get old, love?" She lightly shrugs and leans backwards into me.

"I never turn down a chance to win, victory is much too addicting to share." I chuckle against her skin as she sticks her tongue out at Bae, who does much the same.

"So how are we going to deal with Muriel?" Felix voices the thought on all of our minds, making sure to stay quiet enough that none of the other boys hear. If they knew we didn't have a plan of action, we would be dealing with a full on mutiny- for which I have no tolerance.

"I have a trinket that can find her even through Fairy territory. But I don't have anything strong enough to keep her locked up for the time between now and Blood Moon."

"I may be able to do that. I'll need a dream catcher, a bottle of glass, a broken mirror, and a way to close the bottle, preferably a cork or thick moss." I called in Riley and gave him the list of things to find, the silent boy nodding and vanishing into the brush.

"What did you need all that stuff for?" Asks Baelfire as he watched Riley disappear.

"It's a mixture of different religious beliefs on how to capture witches back on earth during my witch hunting days. The dream catcher will pull her into the trap with its pure energy, the bottle will keep her contained when surrounded by the mirror shards to reflect her evil inwards and the natural stoppers help tether her inside the bottle further."

"That sounds all too easy. You said she could see through the Fairies she steals, couldn't she just send in those to set them off?" This was my question.

"That is a possibility, but there's a way that we can ensure she is the only one to enter the trap." A pit dropped in my stomach at her words, sensing that her way will be for her to act as bait seeing as the Lion Witch hates her with a fiery passion. I will not let her be put in danger that way, she's already died in my arms once and I refuse to let it happen again.

"Which is?"

"She can't see clearly through their eyes or even her own with the kind of magic she uses. So when she looks through them all she really sees is energy. If I were to place hair or blood or anything else near the bottle, she'll see it as me and come running for revenge. Nobody gets put in danger this way." Her explanation eased my sense of worry for her safety against Muriel's rage.

"We should have a back-up plan just in case the bottle can't keep her in." Everyone nodded in agreement with my statement. Riley returned with the objects that Beryl called for and so we started to put our plan into action.

Ber chanted in her Dragonic language as she sliced her forearm to drip blood into the bottle enough to have a later of crimson at the bottom. From there we picked a clearing in the trees far enough to keep the camp safe but close enough to Fairy territory that it would draw her out of hiding. She made a ring of mirror shards around the bottle and I used a bit of magic to hang the dream catcher over the area, careful to face the ring towards where Muriel should enter from. I was also sure to keep it from being inverted, because according to Ber if the dream catcher were to be inverted and draw Muriel in it would take us and leave her out alone with Beryl since it's her blood in the container. Felix had ran out and gotten the attention of a Fairy corpse and had her chase him to our chosen place where we all hid in the bushes in waiting. Beryl had used a mix of Monkshood and Foxglove liquefied with water from the Falls to swipe over our foreheads and chests to hide our energy sources from Muriel.

The Fairy corpse stumbled into the clearing, instantly drawn to Beryl's blood in the bottle. She shambles around the ring of mirror shards for a few minutes before her body spontaneously combusts into black flames and turns into ashes. I felt Beryl breathe out beside me in a light sigh before she reached out and slipped her hand into mine. Her eyes became a brightly golden color with her vertically slit pupils and I could hear low growls emitting from her thin body.

"She's coming." 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I am so sorry that this chapter is below par with my usual chapters. I've been having personal issues with my writing capabilities and this is the first full chapter I have written in a long while.

Thank you for supporting this story!

Vote, comment, and enjoy as you please!

Stay crazy my little demons!

Love, Peace, and Chicken Grease!