Chapter Seven

Dominic

My brother is an idiot. He's making everything more difficult for everyone in this rebellion, making a bloody mess of it.

First he fell in love with the young princess, and his feelings has gotten in the way of us doing our job properly. I don't understand how the orders could be hard to understand. 'Get the princess to trust you', our uncle said.

Well the princess definitely doesn't trust him now.

At least I've done my job well, especially in the short time period I had. It wasn't exactly challenging, however, peasant girls are just easy to trick. Maybe that was the issue; the princess was just too well educated, or trained.

Now she's unconscious in our meeting room, with an annoyed prince sitting by her side. I watched as he moved her golden hair away from her face. Damien was keeping his distance after the prince complained about their intimate relationship. Our uncle wasn't here to decide what happens, but Damien has agreed to stay away for now.

I have no idea what to do, but all I know is that Elizabeth was aware of what's happening, unlike Elise. We need to make sure they don't talk to one another, Elise can be easily swayed; she already got Elise to doubt me.

We cannot kill her, though. This would drive the King to madness, if not him then Brenden. They both care a lot about Elizabeth, even Brent, so we can't touch her.

However, we can keep her quiet.

Brent glanced up at me, and let out a sigh. "What's the plan here?" he asked quietly.

"I'm not sure yet."

He stood up and huffed. "We have to tell her." he demanded. My eyes widened at the statement, I couldn't believe he would suggest something like that.

Eyebrows furrowed, and I shook my head as I walked closer to the unconscious princess. "That's not an option," I said softly.

I felt a hand firmly grip my shoulder. Prince Brent was beside me, more furious than ever. "No, we're telling her," he growled. "We have to."

With an eye roll, I swatted his hand away. "No, and frankly, you have no say." I saw a glare in Brent's eyes, one similar I've seen from the King. Bad temper definitely runs in the family.

"I am not sacrificing my sister for this!"

A snort came out of me. What is this ridiculous man saying? "No one said anything about sacrificing your sister, we just won't tell her the truth."

Hands combed through Brent's hair, frustrated. He fidgeted for a few seconds and took a deep breath. "You would think you would know Elizabeth by now. She won't stop. If you don't tell her this, she'll use herself against you." he said roughly.

"Use herself against us?" I asked. "She's locked up in our facility, how?"

"Well because of your careless brother, she understands enough to know that her life is valuable to us. That she means nothing to us dead."

I cocked my head at the Prince's statement. I hadn't spent much time with Elizabeth, that was Damien's job. He told me she was slightly not right in the head, but I wouldn't think he meant to this extent. "You mean she would kill herself?" I asked slowly.

"Yes." The Prince blurted. There was full seriousness in his face, I didn't think he was lying but you could never be too careful.

I glanced down at Elizabeth on the floor. "How can you be so sure?" I knelled down next to her and stare at her chest.

"She's tried to before."

I turned around to place my index finger to my lips, signaling him to be quiet. He had a raised eyebrow, he was confused, but he nodded. I glanced at her chest again.