Third Round

In the third round, Chiyo went up against Kazumi from Yakah Kingdom.  Kazumi and Akemi ran in the same circles and were trained in the same fighting school as Akemi.  Akemi's lost in the first round angered Kazumi and when she found out that her opponent was Chiyo, she couldn't contain her excitement.  

Although Chiyo and Kazumi didn't really have any interactions in the past, the mere fact that she defeated and scarred Akemi's face, meant that Chiyo had to suffer just as much as Akemi suffered under Chiyo.  

Kazumi first attacked Chiyo with her most powerful move.  She didn't hold back, she wanted to end it as fast as she could with her most powerful move.  Chiyo found herself held down by Kazumi's qi pressure.  She was stuck in where she stood and couldn't move.  She even tried to infuse her qi into the qi pressure that she felt, but to her avail, Kazumi's martial stage was at a higher stage than hers.  Kazumi flew at Chiyo with her sword out, heading straight towards Kazumi's heart.  

Seeing the dire situation, Chiyo yelled her surrender quickly before Kazumi could reach her. 

"I concede."  Chiyo yelled for everyone to hear.  

Kazumi could have stopped if she wanted to, she still had time to stop her actions, but with the need to get back at Chiyo on behalf of her friend and disciple sister, she didn't stop. Before the referee could jump in to stop the murder, Kazumi's sword had been blocked by a black qi shield. 

Seeing how Kazumi's sword couldn't penetrate the black qi shield, she slashed again and again trying to get through.  However each slash would just strike the black qi shield.  Screaming her frustrations, the referee, took the time to announce the winner for the fight.  

"Winner Kazumi Reed of Yukah Kingdom."  

However Kazumi didn't want to stop trying to slash the shield.  How could someone interfere with her kill?  Screaming out in frustration, Kazumi kept slashing until Prince Aiguo commanded her to stop.  Seeing her Prince step in, she knew she couldn't kill Chiyo that day, but promised to kill her in the Phantom Mirage when they meet each other in there.  

Kazumi left the stage and the qi pressure disappeared along with Kazumi.  Chiyo's legs wobbled as she went back to her brothers and cousin.  The moment she sat down, she took a deep breath.  She was so close to death, if not for the black qi shield, she would have died.  

Thorin came down from the Imperial box to check in on Chiyo.  Chiyo was his youngest daughter and wanted to make sure she was okay.  

"Father."  Chiyo said as Thorin checked over her body to make sure she wasn't injured.  "I'm fine. Thank you for saving me."  

Thorin stared at Chiyo and shook his head.  "It wasn't I who saved you."  

"If it wasn't you, then who?"  Chiyo asks.  

Thorin stared at Chiyo before asking her what he was thinking.  "Are you sure you didn't do it yourself?"

"No.  I don't know how to even do that."  Chiyo said.  

"Neither of us either."  Sora spoke out for the rest of them.  

"What are you thinking Father?"  Takao asked.  

"There are two people that I know who can do the black qi shield. One is your Grandmother, the other is her Master."  Thorin said.  "Your Grandmother's qi was black due to the poison in her body. Only a poisoned person with complete control of the poison in her body can survive any poisoning and use the poisoned qi in her body like regular qi. I've never met your Grandmother's Master before, but she has described him to me and no one here fits the description and is over 150 years old."  

"Then who?"  Chiyo asked out loud.  

"I don't know."  Thorin said.  

"Maybe it's Grandmother's luck."  Takao said.  "Maybe who ever protected Chiyo is also a disciple of the same Master as Grandma?  Maybe that person is watching us and protecting us in her place?"  

"Maybe." Thorin said.  But he didn't like the notion that someone is watching them from the shadows, even if it was to protect them.  He liked knowing who his allies and enemies were.

------------

For the third round, Takao and Sora both won their fights.  Although it took a lot from them and they received injuries, Takao and Sora won in the end. While Takeshi also won by immediate surrender from his opponent.