Ella and Graham (6)

I yawned and stumbled out of my room. The clock over the kitchen table said it was already 10 a.m.

Graham was already awake. He scratched his head and lowered his phone. His hair shot out in all directions. I motioned for him to stay put when he started to get off the couch. "You're parents said they'd be back from shopping around two," he said.

I nodded and opened the refrigerator. "Want an egg?" I said over my shoulder.

"Sure."

I set about making scrambled eggs. About the only thing I could cook without causing a catastrophe.

Graham texted someone with a smirk tugging at his lips. The same lips that had touched my cheek last night. My fingers went to the same spot and I felt my face go hot. I still needed to write that moment down in my journal. I never wanted to forget it.

He laughed and I looked at his phone. Suspicion banged around the back of my head. "Who you talking to?"

"My sister."

I felt relieved, then guilty. Why was the thought of him texting another girl so painful? It wasn't my business to know what kind of girls he talked to. I flipped the eggs onto two plates when Graham laughed again.

I handed him his breakfast. "What's so funny?"

He flashed a smile and his eyes sparkled. But he looked a little uncomfortable. I playfully hit his shoulder.

"She wants to know if I'm visiting my princess."

My hands fell and he reached out to grab the plate before it dropped. I cleared my throat. "And you said?"

He hesitated. "Yes."

My stomach fluttered and I tried to keep from showing it.

His phone buzzed and he unlocked it. He smiled but avoided looking in my eyes. "She wants a picture of you."

I looked down at my elephant pjs and fox slippers and laughed. I brought my messy braid over my shoulder. "I look like anything but a princess right now."

"Oh I don't know." He pulled me closer for a selfie. "I think you're cute."

I've got an idea for one more part with these two cuties. Want it, or should I move on?