Debby raised her eyebrows giving me a puzzled look. "Working undercover? What does that ever mean?"

"Debby, a few days ago I got approached by an undercover agency and they hired me to go under cover at Kennedy High to find out who was dealing a very dangerous drug." I made it very clear to her this drug was not safe.

"This is ridiculous, are you joking right now?" she looked slightly mortified but also ignorant about he whole thing.

"No, I'm not," I answered in frustration. "I am being one hundred percent honest."

"Then why didn't you tell me?" she said in an angry tone. "We're best friends, we tell each other everything. I've been so worried about you the past few days I thought you were dying." she stood up, seeming agitated.

"I'm sorry! I was told I couldn't tell anyone!" I argued. "It was a secret organization, Debby! You think that for one second that if I could tell someone, I would withhold this information from you?" I pointed out. Her face softened. "I've been fine though in case you were wondering. I'm being watched closely." I muttered.

"By who?" She asked in a softer tone, calming down.

"Eric, he's been training me," I answered trying to make it sound like it was no big deal even I knew the whole thing must have sounded ridiculous to her.

"This is crazy," she said, confirming my thoughts. She threw her hands on her head and sat back down on the bed. "What on earth have you been doing these past few days?"

"Training, learning, studying, spying, crying, dying," I said in a dull tone throwing my head back on my pillow. I knew I was being overly-dramatic, but the past few days had definitely taken their toll on me.

"Is it that bad?" she asked, giving me a concerned look.

"It's not as bad as it is time-consuming. I mean I'm not in school and I'm missing out on gymnastics." I complained.

"So quit." she shrugged simply, twirling a strand of her red hair with her fingers.

"I'm not quitting, this is a very important mission and I'm in too deep anyway," I responded. It was true, I had already dedicated a lot of time to the RUA and I didn't want it to be a waste.

"Not the spy stuff, gymnastics" she answered, picking at the nail polish she was wearing.

I sat up immediately. "You can't be serious." I gave her a horrified.

"Well, why not? I quit yesterday," she answered simply as if she was only breaking some casual news to me.

"You quit gymnastics?" I almost shrieked as my jaw dropped and I looked at her in shock.

"Yeah, I told you I was thinking about it the other day, remember?" she answered, looking at me as if I shouldn't be making such a big deal about it.

"Well sure, I remember, but I didn't think you actually would quit Debby." I urged, still confused.

She smiled, looking like she as deep in though as she stared at the ceiling. "Well, it turns out tennis is actually really fun, and Kevin's been helping me with it every day."

"What about your parents? Didn't they want you to stay in gymnastics?." I asked. I knew I was grilling her with a million questions but I hadn't seen her in days and a lot seemed to have happened in my absence. It appeared that I had no idea what was going on.

"They did, but when they found out I wanted to ditch it for tennis they were all for it. Apparently, the country club that they're members of has some tennis court or something." she rolled her eyes. Her parents were all for showing off their daughter whether she liked it or not.