Zoo Adventures

A/N: So the first casting got voted the most, so here it is. But for the others who voted for the other two, don't be disappointed, I'll post the others when I finish writing them, real SOON!

[AU where the abdl community is prevalent]

"Are we there yet Mama?" Camila asked Dinah for the fifth time. Normani looked through the rear-view mirror to see Camila bouncing in her car seat.

"Cami sweetheart, it's just been five minutes since we got on the road, it'll take us at least twenty more minutes to reach the zoo." Dinah replied and laughed at the pout which formed on Camia's lips.

"Why don't you read a book till then?" Normani suggested, returning her eyes to the road, and driving cautiously. On hearing this Lauren who was until then simply watching the cars and buildings passing by them pulled out a picture book from her small backpack and handed it over to Camila.

"Cami read fo' Lolo?" Lauren took out her pacifier and spoke. She looked at her older sister with big pleading eyes. Camila sighed, she surely was not interested in reading a book then but she didn't want to disappoint her younger sister. She wanted to be the best bigger sister for Lauren which meant doing these small things for her even when it wasn't always what she wanted to do.

"Okay Lolo." She nodded, opening the picture book. Lauren caught her stuffed toy in between her arms and popped her pacifier back into her mouth. She leaned onto Camila's shoulder and waited for her to begin.

"Little Ant loved to... read. Little Any was often te-teased." Camila started. Lauren wasn't bothered much by the slow pace at which her sister was reading the story since she understood the fact that she wasn't old enough to read quickly. Besides, she liked it better when stories were read slowly to her, it made it easier for her to understand the sentences.

"Ants don't read. Ants must feed. Ants... collect the food they need." She continued.

"I wike eatin' an' readin'." Lauren mumbled and yawned.

"Me too... Little Ant would read all day, he'd read and read the day away. The other ants took what they found to store for winter... un-undergrou-nd."

"His mum and dad got really mad, and Little Ant felt really bad."

"Poor lil' ant." Lauren remarked, rubbing one of Nala's ears against her cheek and nose.

"In autumn when the leaves fall down the ants must keep food... underground. The... Queen wants food to fill the st-store, so all the ants must work some more." Camila read. She heard soft snores coming from her side. She saw her younger sister fast asleep so she closed eyes to sleep too.

"They fell asleep?" Normani whispered when she saw her two daughters dozing off in their car seats.

"I guess they did," Dinah turned around in her seat. Lauren's hair was all over her face, her pacifier was still in her mouth and arms were now loosely wrapped around Nala. Camila's head rested gently atop Lauren's head while her hands were lightly holding the open picture book on her lap.

For the next twelve minutes or so the car remained quite silent except for some random curses which Normani spewed at some dumb drivers on the road.

"You might wanna wake them up now cause we're almost there." Normani told her wife. When the car in front of theirs was moving too slow she dug her nails into the steering wheel.

"Cami, Lolo, wakey wakey," Dinah was then thankful for her two daughters not being heavy sleepers like her. Camila yawned and brought her hands up in fists to rub her eyes, dropping the book. She didn't even notice it. Lauren sat up sleepily, smiling at Dinah.