A night with josh radnor

"Sarah..... Sarah" "I'm awake." It was so late, I was so tired. It was harper. "Can I sleep with you tonight." "Of course" I lifted the blanket and she cuddled in beside me with her teddy. I checked my phone it was 3:06am

*10:00 am*

"What happened here" Alyson laughed. "Amm..." I looked around to jog my memory, " well it started with harper at three then Gideon around four-thirty, I have know idea when Santayana arrived!" Alyson took my phone and took a photo for me and one on her phone and tweeted "full bed"

It was a big effort on Alyson's behalf to get us all out of bed! I threw on a pair of sweatpants and hoodie. I had some food but I was still eager what the story between Neil and David was. I rounded mine and the twins stuff and Alyson dropped us back to Neil's.

Neil answered the door. He looked better than yesterday but still bad. He talked to Alyson for awhile as I brought the kids in. All I heard was Neil saying "thanks for having them will I sort this mess out!" What's that supposed to mean "sort this mess out?" Are they splitting up? What about the twins! My mind was racing.

Alyson left and Neil messed with the kids. Neils phone began to ring, he handed it to me "it's for you."

I walked out of the room "hello?"

"Hi Sarah it's josh. Would you like to come to dinner with me tonight? You can stay at mine then."

I started to jump around the room. "I would love that! I'm so excited!"

"Great ill pick you up in 2 hours. Bring everything you need and wear something nice!"

"Ya sure. I'll see you on 2 hours so!"

"2 hours." He hung up.

I started to jump around again. what am I going to wear! I ran back into the other room to tell Neil.

*2 hours later*

Bag packed, make up done, just need to fix my hair. The doorbell, I could faintly hear Neil talk to someone.

There was knock on my bedroom door, "ya come in" it was Neil. "Hey, you ready? Will I bring this bag down?" He said reaching for my suitcase "thanks ya that would be great, but first will you just help me here?"

"Ya, sure. What will I do?"

"Grab one of those clips and pin this piece of hair down."

"How's that?" He placed his hand on my shoulder "You really do look stunning" I blushed "you always have something nice to say" "nice to be nice" he smiled but he was still wasn't right, wasn't himself.

"How are you?" "Ya.. Ya I'm good." Still trying to smile "Cut the crap, Neil really how are you?" "You really want to know . . . . III'm lost, I've lost my anchor, my everything." "Then go get him back."

Someone walked into the room, Neil was still standing in front of me, I couldn't see who was there, "hey guys, how are we?" It was josh, I could recognise the voice. Neil stepped out of the way, josh was wearing a dark grey suit with a light baby pink shirt, open collar, no tie. His hair was as usual, the 'just rolled out of bed' look.

We said our goodbyes and left for the restaurant.

"Reservation for 2, under josh Radnor." "Yes certainly sir, may I take your coats?" We handed him out stuff and he showed us to our table. I must say he was eye candy, I was sure I dribbled a little when ever he came to us.

"What are you getting? Everything looks so good!" I said as I read through the menu.

"It does indeed, I'm still undecided, what about you?"

"The steak looks good, or may be the pasta." I said as I flipped the page of the menu.

"The steak is amazing here, I'd defiantly recommend it. What are you getting as a starter?"

"I think maybe the salad with dressing and steak for my main"

"Strong choice" josh laughed "ya I think I might join you on the steak, as I said it is amazing here"

The dinner flew by and the meals were gorgeous. We talked about travel, music, culture and acting.

*Josh's house*

"Here's your room, sorry about the mess." There was a few bags and a coat or two around the room. He dropped my bag on my bed and hung up the jackets in the wardrobe.

"Get in to your pjs and met me outside!" Josh says enthusiastically. "Outside? It's dark out" "I think we'll be ok"

*10mins later*

I walked outside and josh had an outside bonfire lit on the balcony. He was in pjs too. I sat down beside josh.

"Thinking maybe we can roast s'mores!"

"Really, omg I've always wants to try a s'more!" I said try to control my excitement and not doing a good job.

"Ok then, lets start!" Josh handed me a rod and placed a tray of marshmallows, crackers, bars and two cups of hot chocolate. He should me how to make s'more and once I got the hang off things there was no stopping us! He told me so many amazing stories about the places he'd been and the people he had met. Me being me I took a load of photos and josh took ones of me too. My favourite is me & josh with chocolate all over our faces!

When the s'more supplies where gone, josh made us more drinking chocolate as I stocked up the fire. Josh brought out his iPod and played music softly in the back round, it was so relaxing.

Josh took off a necklace, he explained how "its to bring luck and it brought me the best of luck with my life, and now it's yours, I hope it brings you amazing luck!" "Josh it's gorgeous, but I can't it's yours."sure you can. May I?" I pulled my hair to the side and josh tied the necklace around my neck. "I love it." He showed me photos and different things from his travels.

The fire started to die down and that was our sign to go to bed. I said my good nights to josh and he gave me a kiss on the cheek. I hopped into bed. Josh knocked and the door and walked in "sorry for disturbing you, I'll be waking you up at 7am, so we'll get there on time. Is that ok?" "Ya, that's fine." "Good night Sarah" "night josh."